grounds in Scotland that have no atmosphere

lionel hutz

St Johnstone have put up a net behind the goal in the North End. More to stop Murray Davidson's shots hitting unsuspecting away fans, I suppose.

Don't be stupid. Murray Davidson can't kick a ball more than 10 yards properly. I think they just forgot to take them down. :lol:

• 1 year later...
On 24 January 2016 at 16:31, Snafu said:

You can have grounds that have been built too big for the local support like New Broomfield and Broadwood Stadium as examples but in the end supporters create the atmosphere themselves not the stadium.

How many Cumbernauld Colts fans are there?

Been pleasantly surprised not to see St Mirren Park on any lists. It's been dreadful for atmosphere since we moved in. Recently though, things have improved drastically, at the start of the turn around last season, a small group of fans got together to give the team some backing, they organised a standing/singing section and the idea has spread through the whole support. Far better now.

Shiteholes include (but are not limited to)

Broadwood

New Douglas

Almondvale

Caledonian Stadium

Rugby Park

Just a wee note too add, 99% of the time, in my experience, atmosphere is created by the away fans. Broadwood is a dilapidated boxy bin, but with 1,000 St Mirren fans in the away stand, it can be fairly loud.

• 2 weeks later...

The early days at McDairmid (89-92) had a cracking atmosphere. The one and only time I was at Livingston (along with 7000+ Hearts fans) again it was a cracking atmosphere. Quite liked the stadium too tbh.

I follow Junior Football now so in no particular order:

Keppoch Park - Glasgow Perthshire

Peugot Ashfield Stadium - Ashfield

Bellshill Athletic - fenced off area of a public park

Holm Park - Yoker Athletic (unless we're playing Clydebank)

Lochburn Park - Maryhill

Not being funny but most Junior grounds lack atmosphere due to being largely empty. How you can say one empty ground is less atmospheric than another, especially with all of those grounds being in the lower leagues, is a bit strange.

Archived