Who are you supporting?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iceland for the sheer "romance" of the cup but in the latter stages I'll back Germany.

We spent a week in Germany and had a fantastic time at both games in Dortmund and Düsseldorf with the Germany fans during their Argentina/Scotland double header in 2014. The night before the game at Hampden was spent in a pub and later a club with a few German boys.

Plus I'll be at the Germany v Poland game

Is it a requirement of 'Anyone But England' membership to have had a big brother who dished out regular beatings?

No.

What's your thoughts, and your fellow Newco fans thoughts on having an 'Anyone But Celtic' attitude?

It's exactly the same.

Don't you be acccusing me of prejudice, young man. I hate everybody.

Also, given Celtic are a smaller club, I can't say I have the same sort of complex as regards them.

ABE is just a football rivalry like any other. ;)

Is it still reasonable to be ABE if you live in England?

Don't see why not, said it somewhere else but the ABE thing isn't there for me this tournament, they've not got the same arrogance just now that they did before. I'll be hoping Wales and Norn Irn get pumped instead.

Eta: unfortunately that's as good as it gets being a Scotland fan, because we're so useless and never at these tournaments.

Is it still reasonable to be ABE if you live in England?

Aye, but don't be a dick about it. Being vocal about wanting the country you live in to lose is a bit shite IMO.

To be fair to the English, they seem to have a much better understanding of how pish they are and their standing in the game.

There's still plenty of folk down south who think England should be running the game; doesn't reflect an accurate assessment of England's standing for me, even if they have been forced to acknowledge the national side's deficiencies in recent years.

Archived