Benidorm

gavin_3110

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/02/2016 at 12:17, Snakebite said:

I still don't get how in these places c***s fall for the scamsters doing the cups trick on top of the boxes. :lol:

I'm in Benidorm now and headed to the market this morning, watched these fuckers with the crate, potatoes and pea. Unbelievable how easy they took money off these fuckwits. €50 a pop, you win he gave you €100 back, unbelievable stuff. Still it broke the tedium of dodging disability scooters for 2 minutes 

• 7 months later...
23 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Day 2.

Mobility scooters are just madness. A shit load of them for people who use them for the sake of it.
Lots of tall buildings.
In the morning/afternoon is not to bad however night time is a whole new experience.
The old Benidorm however is nice.
Back home Thursday. Yay

Correct :lol:

Benidorm is probably the worst place I've ever been. Went for a stag do in March a few years ago where it rained almost constantly and although we had a decent laugh, it appeared to be the most depressing place on earth and was soon named the Spanish Bradford.

That this thread has a link to a news story in "LADBible" is basically all you need to know.

• 1 month later...

Benidorm :lol:

First lads holiday there during the 1988 Euros.

Did witness Sticky Vicky opening a bottle of San Miguel with her Fan-eye during her show.....she must have been at least 40 then. Nightime routine started off in The Scotsman bar before heading back towards the clubs.

One of our group got arrested, fined and spent the last 4 days of the holiday locked up, the daft c**t :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

My parents have a retirement flat there so I've been going out to visit fairly regularly. The British part is awful, really bad but we've used buses and trams to go to Alicante, Altea, Villajoisa and the like. Also hired a car and been to Guadalest, Valencia, Murcia and Cartagena (twice, really like it). Going out again in October, hired a car again so can anyone suggest interesting places to go within a two hour drive?

Benidorm is a mixture of the good, the bad and the fat, lazy mobility scooter-using Brits. 

If you base yourself in the old town it can be a really enjoyable holiday - great beaches, tapas bars etc. Go to the beach in the morning when the locals are there and the sun isn't going to wreck your napper. Venture out into the new town at night and some of the entertainment is actually quite good. Weekend nights are best avoided, as the stag and hen parties can become intolerable. Check out Alicante - lovely old city about 45 minutes by train... 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Anyone been in the last couple of months, heading there Friday for a wee couples break

Just back on Monday after 10 days, not too busy thank f**k, weather nice, between 17-21. Take a coat for after sunset 

• 1 month later...
On 10/08/2018 at 12:52, NewBornBairn said:

My parents have a retirement flat there so I've been going out to visit fairly regularly. The British part is awful, really bad but we've used buses and trams to go to Alicante, Altea, Villajoisa and the like. Also hired a car and been to Guadalest, Valencia, Murcia and Cartagena (twice, really like it). Going out again in October, hired a car again so can anyone suggest interesting places to go within a two hour drive?

elche/elx

I went mid 80s with a bunch of guys, met up with bunch of Geordies and some Welsh blokes, pretty much carnage and a lot of fun. Maybe 5th night in I had the squirts real bad so laid off the drink. Scariest night of my life, lads from every shithole in Britain wondering about singing football songs and near fights everywhere.  I was glad to get back on the lash and act like a c**t for the remainder of the trip.

Archived