RandomAttempt at managing Hearts (FM16)

RandomGuy.

Matchday 34

Untitled_zps7appfusj.png

Frustrating but at least we don't lose ground on the two Glasgow sides. I have an absolutely abysmal record against Aberdeen though, its now nine games since I won against them, a record that stretches back exactly two years now.

Untitled_zpsqdiczej6.png

Still quite close at the moment. Raiths relegation is, finally, confirmed.

Next up for me is the Scottish Cup Semi-Final against Rangers.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish Cup Semi-Final

Untitled_zpsxiww9zuj.png

Terrible, we never even managed a shot on target. Just one of those days I suppose.

Next up is Celtic away as we turn our attentions back to the title.

Matchday 35

Untitled_zpsjazz6dz9.png

Absolutely huge result, all thanks to Billy "the mason" King. Outrageous display.

Untitled_zpstp5bcxyp.png

Celtic haven't won in five games, so I'm half tempted to say they should really be considered. Next up for me is St Johnstone, who would love to shit on my parade.

Matchday 36

Untitled_zps0tsvqa9d.png

Do we ever have boring games against Saints? :lol: Biggest problem is that Rangers also won

Untitled_zpssuyw0s0x.png

Massive, massive "six pointer" next week as we welcome Rangers to Tynecastle. Between the two of us now.

Matchday 37

Untitled_zpssupbyvwc.png

Absolutely huge, and should be the game that wins us the title. My boy Stevie May popped up with a half volley from 15 yards before McGhee thundered in a late header. We were never really challenged tbh.

Untitled_zpsibqvbds0.png

Looks promising. We play Hamilton away while Rangers face St Johnstone. All we need to do is match their result.

Still not convinced we're actually good enough to be champions, and its more the fact Celtic have been incredibly poor this season. I won't complain though.

Just came second in the Manager of the Year awards :lol: Think I've only won the Manager of the Month award twice in this entire career. Someones got a grudge...

Final Day

Untitled_zpsxgnnkoxg.png

Untitled_zps5zash4bv.png

Completely shat the bed. Totally gutless and yet again we fail to hit the target. Desperately need a different option to May, if hes not playing well then we struggle as Juanma and Sharp have just been completely dreadful this season.

Going to be a huge challenge to keep this side together. Hamilton, Paterson, McGhee, Ozturk, Jones, McKirdy, Sloth, Nicholson and King all have English sides interested in them

Untitled_zps4omf3hdc.png

The first of four players I have huge hopes for to be considered for the first team squad. This guy impressed away on loan last season so will be integrated into the squad this season. Hoping he can develop into Kings replacement, as he'll leave one day.

Summer Transfers

Untitled_zpswyya1ck0.png

Amongst the multitude of pointless youths we also sold a few notable names. Aguza was punted for being absolutely useless, same with Sharp and Gomis. Juanma was poor last season and I received a very good offer for him. Ozturk and Allen were both unhappy when moves were refused so were moved on to save hassle, made good money from them two.

In came Fortune, a young forward from Arsenal to compete with May. Fulton is the former Falkirk central midfielder, came in, originally, to take Gomis' squad place but will hopefully provide more of a challenge for the first team. Fernandes is a 20 year old winger that my HOY signed, had been at Man City before joining Real Madrid but never broke through. Henderson has been rotting in the reserves at Celtic since his Hibs spell, and seemed a bit of a bargain. Mujica is a young striker to provide a different option to May and Fortune, looks to have huge potential. Bains Bain and Efete is a defender who can play all across the backline, got a couple of long term defensive injuries and needed back up, so he's perfect.

Untitled_zpsssgym8d9.png

Untitled_zpstkortfl4.png

And the squad now looks like....

Untitled_zpsjehvkpn9.png

Europa League Qualifiers

Untitled_zpskgxwddw3.png

Took the long way, but we made it. Fortune stepped up during Mays injury but it was the most unexpected of heroes in the end, Jones with the final kick of the Qualifiers getting us into the Group.

Untitled_zpsnwh49h6s.png

I actually fancy my chances of 2nd tbh, which means we'll fail to win a game.

August

Untitled_zpsaxwgkbsz.png

Good start considering all the European games. Henderson gets a nice early goal for himself too.

Untitled_zpszxjh86ik.png

Celtic look a different beast from last season. Interested to see how we cope with league, cup and Europe this season.

FWIW I had deals, and contracts, agreed for Michael Devlin (regular Scotland centre half now), Craig Wighton and some other English striker I've forgotten the name of. I also had Darren Fletcher about to be offered a contract.

Sheffield Wednesday swooped for Devlin while Rangers signed both Fletcher and Wighton.

So, so frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...

Im still playing this, but just can't be arsed doing monthly updates, so have just ploughed on.

Sold Angus Gunn in January leaving me just Bain and Hamilton as keepers.

Qualified out the Euro Group and play Tottenham.

Three days before the Tottenham game Hamilton gets injured.

Two days before Tottenham game Bain gets injured.

Left with this guy...

Andy%20Donaldson_%20Overview%20Profile_z

Ron Drewett *shudder* Mark Two

Remarkably only lost the first leg 3-1, with Ron saving two one-on-ones, one against Kane and one against Lamela. Almost makes up for the fact he stood leaning on the post for two of the goals.

• 1 year later...

Archived