Mafia III

Steal a car in Mafia 2 as a white guy and no one bats an eyelid. Steal a car in this and abut 40 coppers are after you. Far too realistic for my liking. :lol:

The racism element is amazing. Cops look at you regardless of what you're doing because of your colour, randomly started getting shot at the other day too because I walked past a whites only bar. Guy started following me, safe to say he was dealt with. It's the bar at the top of Barclay Mills huge hill, been back since and it's not happened. Guys going about wearing their Klan masks too! Cops sticking up for whites etc even if they're trying to kill you. Bit mental

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was in the black Mafia that gets betrayed by the Italian one (Not a spoiler first thing you do in the game) and seeks revenge by creating his own gang.

Pretty sure the Mafia isn't just an Italian thing, applies to any gang of organised criminals. Although that's where it originated from.

I just did it there, and you're a fucking liar! ;) There are a few missions before it happens, but you could see it coming from a mile off.

I just did it there, and you're a fucking liar! [emoji6] There are a few missions before it happens, but you could see it coming from a mile off.

Aye the start is quite annoying though it all jumps about leading to it, happens very quickly anyway. ;)

On it again last night, played a pretty big mission, won't spoil it but it was excellent, managed to do about a third of it through stealth and accidentally blew my cover and had to have a shoot out to get through it. The Intel button, whistle button and the screaming zemi doll things are great. Also a lot of different ways to approach tasks which I'm liking. No set way to go about the map/area etc you're in.

Eta: hated the first mission tbh!!

I didnt play Mafia 2 or that, would I be able to just buy this game and play It or is there a building story from the last game?

I'm finding it fine so far. I might've not picked up on things that others who did play them would have, but based on what I've done, you'll be fine.

I didnt play Mafia 2 or that, would I be able to just buy this game and play It or is there a building story from the last game?

Aye, it's a completely new story line. You might run into characters from the second at some point but I'm the same as you, this is the first Mafia game I've played.

I quite fancy this but I'm the same.

Are the first 2 available on the PS4 at all? With the likes of this and the chat of a new Red Dead I'm finding it frustrating being unable to go back and play through the older titles. My PS3 is completely goosed :(

Mafia 1 and 2 aren't on the new consoles. They're quite old I think? Mafia the first one is definitely atleast 10 years old was playing that when I started secondary school. Seems like ages since I played the last one. Fwiw the stories are completely different, there's one character that's continued into 3. Think the first two were set just after the Second World War, predominantly Italian Mafia stuff in a fictional place called Empire Bay, based on a few American cities.

This story line is based in a 1968 New Orleans, new characters and a lot of new features. You'll be fine getting this if you've not played the others. Like I said earlier I hope they go back to a New York style rise to the top Italian one again in the future but I'm really enjoying this. Pretty unique, not many other games like it I can think of with the era and city it's set.

I quite fancy this but I'm the same.

Are the first 2 available on the PS4 at all? With the likes of this and the chat of a new Red Dead I'm finding it frustrating being unable to go back and play through the older titles. My PS3 is completely goosed [emoji20]

Without going off topic will I have to have completed the last Red Dead to play the new one? Never got round to getting anywhere near finishing the last one but the thought of a new one on a new console sounds really appealing.

There's a problem with the PC version so can't comment on that but the graphics on console are absolutely superb and the best I've seen in a game.

Better than The Order 1886?

Without going off topic will I have to have completed the last Red Dead to play the new one? Never got round to getting anywhere near finishing the last one but the thought of a new one on a new console sounds really appealing.

I've no idea in all honesty, I don't know enough about what is planned for the new one to judge.

It's been so long since I played it I can barely remember what happens in the end up. I would love to see that remastered for the PS4, a tremendous game all round.

When do side missions start appearing? I've done 5 or 6 main ones, but I haven't seen a single side mission pop up.

I've got some, and I'm not much further in than you. When you actually take control of an area there'll be optional stuff that comes up you don't need to do to continue the main story.

No need for the explanation  Lichtie I understand how reviews work. 

I always play one open world game along with a shooter and whatever else I'm in the mood of and it'll be a while before I'm done with Fallout yet. Thought about getting this next but might go for one of the Assassins Creeds. 

Archived