Mafia III

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Started to play it tonight but I'm not sure about it so far. The biggest pull of the original was the actual Mafia stuff and I'm not sure how changing the main character to a non-mafia member will work.

Yeah, very strange choice. I've only played around 10 minutes of it, and the only real thing I can say is that I think the driving's quite shite. Not played enough of it, though.

It's 1968 and the rules have changed. After years of combat in Vietnam, Lincoln Clay knows this truth: Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for. Now back home in New Bordeaux, Lincoln is set on escaping a criminal past. But when his surrogate family, the Black Mob, is betrayed and wiped out by the Italian Mafia, Lincoln blazes a path of revenge and redemption through the Mafioso responsible. It will take more than a few friends to make it in this new world. Intense gun fights, visceral hand-to-hand combat, white knuckle driving, and street smarts will all be needed. But with the right crew, tough decisions, and some dirty hands, it's possible to make it to the top of the city's underworld. It's time to create a new family on the ashes of the old.

Keep with it, I'm finding it brilliant, visually superb on the Xbox too.

Getting past the first bit was frustrating but now I'm into the game and into doing my own things I'm loving it. Find the setting absolutely fascinating too.

Started to play it tonight but I'm not sure about it so far. The biggest pull of the original was the actual Mafia stuff and I'm not sure how changing the main character to a non-mafia member will work.

He was in the black Mafia that gets betrayed by the Italian one (Not a spoiler first thing you do in the game) and seeks revenge by creating his own gang.

Pretty sure the Mafia isn't just an Italian thing, applies to any gang of organised criminals. Although that's where it originated from.

He was in the black Mafia that gets betrayed by the Italian one (Not a spoiler first thing you do in the game) and seeks revenge by creating his own gang.

Pretty sure the Mafia isn't just an Italian thing, applies to any gang of organised criminals. Although that's where it originated from.

I've only played a little bit of it, looking forward to playing a bit more and exploring the city. The graphics are unreal but the driving seemed a bit off. Hopefully get a bit more into it when the story expands.

I've only played a little bit of it, looking forward to playing a bit more and exploring the city. The graphics are unreal but the driving seemed a bit off. Hopefully get a bit more into it when the story expands.

I've not played a game in ages but got this and will get battlefield 1. Finding myself doing and enjoying all the wee side missions purely because of the map being so interesting and they all seem meaningful, driving takes a while to get used to.

Favourite part of its the different variety you've got when doing missions, enjoying being a sneaky b*****d at the moment.

Eta: know what you mean though, would like to see Mafia 4 return to the old school Italian style New York one. They games are always good fun. But really enjoying the story that's unfolding in this one. The attention to detail about events going on in this time period is superb, loving the music too.

Archived