Mafia III

No need for the explanation  Lichtie I understand how reviews work. 

I always play one open world game along with a shooter and whatever else I'm in the mood of and it'll be a while before I'm done with Fallout yet. Thought about getting this next but might go for one of the Assassins Creeds. 

Went to read them after you said. A lot of anger over the PC version so wouldn't touch that. Some very good ones but the ones that are a bit lower are all giving it the repetitive tag. It's just the same as the other mafias, sole objective is taking things over so not sure what they were expecting. Personally feel like there's plenty of variations to missions and side missions to do. Not felt that way so far for me. Not managed to play it since Sunday because of actually having to do real life things but I'll have a wee shot tomorrow night and then on my hungover Sunday. Looking forward to it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Went to read them after you said. A lot of anger over the PC version so wouldn't touch that. Some very good ones but the ones that are a bit lower are all giving it the repetitive tag. It's just the same as the other mafias, sole objective is taking things over so not sure what they were expecting. Personally feel like there's plenty of variations to missions and side missions to do. Not felt that way so far for me. Not managed to play it since Sunday because of actually having to do real life things but I'll have a wee shot tomorrow night and then on my hungover Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Theres no doubt some of the missions in 2 were pretty repetitive. The reviews I read, though, seemed to be saying that this is a bigger problem with 3 because of the much, much bigger map and, supposedly, open world nature of the game. I think one I read said there was little point in the open world side as there wasnt actually anything interesting to do outside of the main storyline.

The PCs issue have been fixed, have they not?

I'd still quite like to play this - it looks a lot more like 2 than I thought it would - but theres no way Im paying anything near full price for it. I'll pick it up in a steam sale next year

I won't be done with Fallout 4 for quite a while yet so it'll have come down in price a fair amount by the time I get round to buying it.  I'm a casual game player so the lack of variety and things to do probably won't bother me tbh.

I won't be done with Fallout 4 for quite a while yet so it'll have come down in price a fair amount by the time I get round to buying it.  I'm a casual game player so the lack of variety and things to do probably won't bother me tbh.

I'm casual aswell, quite disappointed hearing some of the criticism because I'm finding it really good. Clearly put a lot of attention to detail into it.

Customisation DLC hopefully be out soon though, one thing I'm disappointed about.

• 2 months later...

Picked this up from GAME today. £25 brand new so hopped in for it once the mental crowds had died down. Loved the second game and think I was one achievement off getting 1000G on the Xbox 360. Few games I've still to play through though so might not get round to it for a wee while

Stopped playing this about 2 weeks after I got it, just too repetitive. Real shame because the graphics are brilliant and there's so much potential. Storyline etc felt very rushed and outside of missions there's not much to do bar whipping muscle cars about. Think games like GTA set the bar with all the stuff you can do outside main missions, and that's where mafia III fell short imo.

• 1 month later...

Game was absolutely pish, even compared to Mafia II. Where that game was a short rollercoaster ride of high point after high point, Mafia III was an already mediocre story stretched out across tens of hours of incredibly boring gameplay. That's even omitting the fact that the game was rather unplayable at launch.

I remember really enjoying the second, not a massive amount to it but I managed to get all the achievements bar one so certainly stretched it as much as I can. This one will be punted as soon as the story is done, of I make it that far

• 1 year later...

Archived