2016 Scottish Parliament Election

Elixir

I've said it before and I will say it again.

Stop worrying about tactical voting and vote for who the f**k you want to win.

Want the SNP to win? Both votes SNP.

Want pro independence parties in Holyrood, but want an effective opposition pulling the SNP to the left? Vote SNP, then Green/Rise.

Just vote for who the f**k you want for, you feel better the day after.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greenied IA's bit even though the formatting was shite and made it hard to read! If I wasn't on my iPad I'd isolate the bits that I'd like to respond to because to me it highlights a dilemma for many of us.

The goal must be Independence, until we get that our hands are well and truely tied. The governance of the country can't be shrugged off but many of us will regard it as secondary. I say that as one who is far from happy about aspects of the Holyrood government's policies.

If folk think there's other priorities let them vote how they see fit. However an election mandate that reinforces the position of a party whose raison d'être is an Independent Scotland should be the priority.

Im hoping the SNP are the new Bay City Rollers.Once the "rollermania" dies down people will deny ever liking them out of embarrasment.I concede i may have a fair wait ahead though.

It might happen...after we gain independence.

Interestingly we have now entered a vote for a yellow balloon with a face drawn on it much like used to happen with Labour.SNP talk a good game and sell it well to the unwashed. I will admit that.

Like selling to a nation the idea that they should be incorporated into another nation, that they should send all their revenue to a parliament located outside the original nation, and that even after the new nation has amassed trillions of pounds of debt and squandered the original's natural resource revenue, that it's still a great idea?

Yeah, I can see how people that would lap that up would swallow anything.

Greenied IA's bit even though the formatting was shite and made it hard to read! If I wasn't on my iPad I'd isolate the bits that I'd like to respond to because to me it highlights a dilemma for many of us.

The goal must be Independence, until we get that our hands are well and truely tied. The governance of the country can't be shrugged off but many of us will regard it as secondary. I say that as one who is far from happy about aspects of the Holyrood government's policies.

If folk think there's other priorities let them vote how they see fit. However an election mandate that reinforces the position of a party whose raison d'être is an Independent Scotland should be the priority.

Aye sorry about that it was done on my phone at lunch time and the quickest way to do it was copy paste from tumblr app.

This doesn't happen.

Where did I say it did? Please be very specific. Of course, I could cheerfully withdraw that one clause and the rest would still be a real wheeze. Come on - let's have an entire night of tedious semantics where you can try and prove I said something in a sardonic hypothetical that you're making assumptions about.

Or let's not.

Like selling to a nation the idea that they should be incorporated into another nation, that they should send all their revenue to a parliament located outside the original nation, and that even after the new nation has amassed trillions of pounds of debt and squandered the original's natural resource revenue, that it's still a great idea?

Yeah, I can see how people that would lap that up would swallow anything.

Simplistic and dull.

Simplistic and dull.

A bit like trying to encourage the electorate to vote for a pro-UK party by condemning those who vote for a pro-independence party as "unwashed"? (I thought the BritNats usually went for the "tartan tory pampering the middle classes" line).

Where did I say it did? Please be very specific. Of course, I could cheerfully withdraw that one clause and the rest would still be a real wheeze. Come on - let's have an entire night of tedious semantics where you can try and prove I said something in a sardonic hypothetical that you're making assumptions about.

Or let's not.

If it doesn't happen, why is it relevant?

Archived