#cleanforthequeen

mizfit

It must be boring being the Queen. Stoating about looking at stuff for sixty years while absolute lunatics scream and wave at you and offer you flowers. You get on the telly once a year at Christmas to tell everyone how shite the country is. Nah.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prince George is the one that's getting on my nerves just now, it's not the lads fault, but the fawning over him is unbearable. It's like when somebody you know has a baby and everybody is saying all this lovely stuff for a few weeks, but instead of a few weeks it's never ending.

He's just a normal fucking kid give it a rest, the queens just some stuck up old granny, if she lived in your street you can just tell she'd be the moany bint that did everyone's tits in. Because they're royalty though so many people find them incredibly interesting for whatever reason.

Bunch of weirdos.

Ah, but monarchists simultaneously believe he's a "normal kid" (because aren't they all just so NORMAL) and that for no other reason than his pedigree bloodline and the fact that he was the first-born of a first-born son of a first-born royal son, he is, at the tender age of three, destined to be the national figurehead of a multitude of countries.

Bear in mind, these people rattle the bogeyman chains of the potential evil Presidents we'd elect if left to our own devices, whilst championing the future central political role of an infant.

It's difficult to argue with an entrenched belief in the supremacy and necessity of a special bloodline's role in the state. Bizarrely, some of the same people profess to hate the royals' closest peers, the aristocracy, having a constitutional role in the Lords.

I wonder if/when public opinion will largely change and we'll end the monarchy...

A long time yet, reckon the Royals (and certainly Big Liz) are still hugely popular across a good majority of the U.K population.

There's a noisy republican voice no doubt, but I'm pretty sure most are quite content with our Monarchy, their standing and the role they play.

P&B clearly has a different view altogether.

Oh there is a hell of a lot of respect for Liz in Scotland, no doubt about that.

What comes after her though....

fair point, Charlie Boy has had a troubled time of it waiting in the Wings and certainly won't command the respect shown to his mother, but William and Kate seem incredibly popular and well adjusted given the positions they find themselves in. Perhaps they are the ones to steady the ship in the future.

fair point, Charlie Boy has had a troubled time of it waiting in the Wings and certainly won't command the respect shown to his mother, but William and Kate seem incredibly popular and well adjusted given the positions they find themselves in. Perhaps they are the ones to steady the ship in the future.

The cast of Geordie Shore is insanely popular, but I'm not sure anyone would think that that popularity should grant them a constitutional role. The whole system of monarchy dictates that the popularity of individual royals is a matter of no consequence - it is the institution rather than the incumbents which "monarchism" relates to. The idea that what the people think should have any bearing whatsoever is anathema to that institution.

The idea that Kate n Wills will "steady the ship" of monarchy (the RMS Monarchy?) doesn't really work; we have a rather popular and much more long-standing figure right now, and you're predicting that when she hops the twig the ship will potentially be buffeted. Evidently this ship sails very rocky waters, and popular incumbents can't guarantee its future.

The cast of Geordie Shore is insanely popular, but I'm not sure anyone would think that that popularity should grant them a constitutional role. The whole system of monarchy dictates that the popularity of individual royals is a matter of no consequence - it is the institution rather than the incumbents which "monarchism" relates to. The idea that what the people think should have any bearing whatsoever is anathema to that institution.

The idea that Kate n Wills will "steady the ship" of monarchy (the RMS Monarchy?) doesn't really work; we have a rather popular and much more long-standing figure right now, and you're predicting that when she hops the twig the ship will potentially be buffeted. Evidently this ship sails very rocky waters, and popular incumbents can't guarantee its future.

The nights must fly by mate eh!?

In 50 years, there will only be 5 Kings left in the world.

Hearts, clubs, spades, diamonds and England. Half of the Commonwealth are keeping her on as head of state out of respect, once she goes, the Dominions will move to republics and everywhere else will follow after that. I've said Scotland won't become independent while she lives, I just can't see it, once she goes though, it's a massive obstacle out of the way and it's game on again.

England will never give up on the monarchy however.

I'm fairly agnostic towards the Monarchy. Even if they're abolished, the money will still be diverted to let a president or some other head of state live in relative luxury. Either way, none of us common people will see any of the money.

But those utter brain donors who wave flags - especially in Sandringham on Christmas Day (Christmas f**king Day) - can GTF.

I'm fairly agnostic towards the Monarchy. Even if they're abolished, the money will still be diverted to let a president or some other head of state live in relative luxury. Either way, none of us common people will see any of the money.

But those utter brain donors who wave flags - especially in Sandringham on Christmas Day (Christmas f**king Day) - can GTF.

This TBH. Not to mention there is gonna be a huge cost to abolish it in the first place.

Without watching iplayer repeats of "Our Diamond Queen" with a can of lube? Yes, yes they do.

Averaged around 7 Million viewers over the series, just edging out Geordie Shore in the ratings at the time iirc.

Averaged around 7 Million viewers over the series, just edging out Geordie Shore in the ratings at the time iirc.

So less people watch sycophantic fawning over the aristocracy than watched Den serve Angie divorce papers, or watched Mrs Hughes marry Mr Carson.

Free boot in the stones for anyone buying one of the T-shirts hopefully.

2FC0883600000578-3382620-T_shirts_encour

Actually, just noticed the one on the left either can't spell or is a racist which in both cases probably goes with the territory.

False flag operation by The Green Brigade, imo.

Remind us. What role do they play exactly?

Nobody has ever been able to explain to me what useful purpose the monarchy and royal family serve.

So I wouldn't expect an answer.

I signed up to Republic after the referendum - it's a very reasonable campaign which presents quite thorough evidence.

Archived