FlyerTon

New Air Routes from Scotland 2016

Honest_Man#1    977
6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Why is it getting the V&A then? emoji854.png

Got to do something to try and get people to go there. Honestly I don't mind Dundee, seems an okay place but it's clear that's why they've pulled the flight route rather than some excuse about radar.

Moo    180
Got to do something to try and get people to go there. Honestly I don't mind Dundee, seems an okay place but it's clear that's why they've pulled the flight route rather than some excuse about radar.

In a few years time, Dundee will be the place to be.

Bishop Briggs    279

Flybe will be starting flights from Edinburgh and Aberdeen to/from Heathrow from 26th March 2017.

Fares will start at around £40 each way. A lot cheaper than rip-off BA!

welshbairn    5,408
21 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Flybe will be starting flights from Edinburgh and Aberdeen to/from Heathrow from 26th March 2017.

Fares will start at around £40 each way. A lot cheaper than rip-off BA!

You can fly with BA from Inverness for £40 each way, much the same as Flybe to Manchester or Birmingham. To get that price with Flybe you'll have to book well in advance and pick the right day, same with BA. I see BA flights in peak season (July) from Glasgow to Heathrow are mostly £40.

Bishop Briggs    279
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You can fly with BA from Inverness for £40 each way, much the same as Flybe to Manchester or Birmingham. To get that price with Flybe you'll have to book well in advance and pick the right day, same with BA. I see BA flights in peak season (July) from Glasgow to Heathrow are mostly £40.

They were such higher last July, over £150 each way and much higher on peak flights.

I have got some cheap flights with Flybe and Easyjet (into Gatwick) when booking only two or three weeks in advance.

welshbairn    5,408
2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

They were such higher last July, over £150 each way and much higher on peak flights.

I have got some cheap flights with Flybe and Easyjet (into Gatwick) when booking only two or three weeks in advance.

You can get cheap deals late on if the plane's half empty, but don't think Flybe will be like Easyjet or Ryanair, they're not. If they're competing on a route with BA it's good news though, both will drop their fares unless they come to a sneaky agreement.

The Master    2,594

Assuming we can use this to roll on into 2018...

United are starting a direct Edinburgh-Washington (Dulles) from May next year.

Not international but there's been talk of a new airline that's being set-up called Thistle Airways bringing back the Inverness to Edinburgh and Glasgow flights.  Would be pretty pointless IMO unless it was pennies for a ticket.

welshbairn    5,408
1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Not international but there's been talk of a new airline that's being set-up called Thistle Airways bringing back the Inverness to Edinburgh and Glasgow flights.  Would be pretty pointless IMO unless it was pennies for a ticket.

Flew from Inverness to Kirkwall in 40 minutes, back in 30, over last weekend. It was fucking extortionate though. The time and probably cost to Edinburgh or Glasgow would be similar. I wouldn't go for it but I'm sure enough tourists and businessmen would to keep it going in smallish planes.

Edited by welshbairn

invergowrie arab    2,641
17 hours ago, The Master said:

Assuming we can use this to roll on into 2018...

United are starting a direct Edinburgh-Washington (Dulles) from May next year.

A mere 26 miles from DC is a considerable improvement on Norwegian's EDI to "New York" route.

Marr1    491
18 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Possibly LoganAir? 

I think they might bring back the Dundee - Amsterdam flight as it was fairly popular. They've also dropped the price of flights from Dundee to Stanstead down to £49 one way.

welshbairn    5,408
4 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Possibly LoganAir? 

I think they might bring back the Dundee - Amsterdam flight as it was fairly popular. They've also dropped the price of flights from Dundee to Stanstead down to £49 one way.

You'd have thought Logan would already be doing it if they thought there was any money in it. Doesn't look like Thistle Air have got off the ground yet (no pun intended).

https://www.thistleairways.com/

doulikefish    1,845
A mere 26 miles from DC is a considerable improvement on Norwegian's EDI to "New York" route.

Train service to Dulles is nearly finished they have been saying for years

welshbairn    5,408
22 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Train service to Dulles is nearly finished they have been saying for years

Think it was bus and tube when I went. Pretty smooth.

The Minertaur    882
On 9/14/2017 at 08:29, The Master said:

Ryanair are launching a twice-weekly Aberdeen-Malta from April next year.

Return flights to Malta around my birthday next year for £64.00......God bless Ryanair.