New Air Routes from Scotland

FlyerTon

Cracking fares there. Obviously helped by the subsidy, but if FlyBe can fill every plane (70 seats if they use a Q400) then it might just be seen as commercially viable in the long term.

Cracking fares there. Obviously helped by the subsidy, but if FlyBe can fill every plane (70 seats if they use a Q400) then it might just be seen as commercially viable in the long term.

Apparently you can fit an A318 into Dundee which could be much more viable long term

Hopefully this is a start for Dundee Airport. Is there potential for the runway to be extended to allow B737-900 and A320/1? Definitely a lot of potential for Dundee Airport for inbound tourism never mind outbound

I remember reading a report on Airport Expansion, it said it would cost £40-£50m in reclamation work to do that, the only other option would be to buy land from the Uni Playing Grounds, but that would still be a hundred metres too short for an A320.

The report also stated that the only two viable international flights were Dublin and Amsterdam. It would expect 32000-42500 passenger per year from Amsterdam.

http://www.transport-research.info/sites/default/files/project/documents/20150501_143916_62186_Potential_Development_Opportunities_for_Dundee_Airport.pdf

Very good news. £50 return isnae bad, especially as I can walk to the airport in around 20 minutes.

I mentioned it to a few people at work today and there's a fair amount of interest. I can see an exodus of Dundonians to the 'dam.

Aye every whatsapp I'm involved in has been speaking about this with they prices revealed. I'll definitely be trying to get over later in the year. 8)

Apparently you can fit an A318 into Dundee which could be much more viable long term

Given Air France, Tarom and British Airways (business only) are the only airlines to operate the A318 in Europe, then that won't happen. The length of the runway at Dundee means the payload & range of a 737/319 would make it completely not viable.

The Q400 Flybe are operating is probably spot on, 78 seats a couple of times a week? They should break the 50% LF on that.

Given Air France, Tarom and British Airways (business only) are the only airlines to operate the A318 in Europe, then that won't happen. The length of the runway at Dundee means the payload & range of a 737/319 would make it completely not viable.

The Q400 Flybe are operating is probably spot on, 78 seats a couple of times a week? They should break the 50% LF on that.

Yeah the report I've posted earlier said that the Q400 was the most suitable aircraft for flights to and fro Dundee

I remember reading a report on Airport Expansion, it said it would cost £40-£50m in reclamation work to do that, the only other option would be to buy land from the Uni Playing Grounds, but that would still be a hundred metres too short for an A320.

The report also stated that the only two viable international flights were Dublin and Amsterdam. It would expect 32000-42500 passenger per year from Amsterdam.

http://www.transport-research.info/sites/default/files/project/documents/20150501_143916_62186_Potential_Development_Opportunities_for_Dundee_Airport.pdf

What's the deal with Leuchars? Any chance of it becoming an airport (report below from 2 years ago)

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/mod-open-to-leuchars-becoming-passenger-airport-1-3322479

Certainly with St Andrews on the doorstep, and the close proximity to Dundee there's potential there.

What's the deal with Leuchars? Any chance of it becoming an airport (report below from 2 years ago)

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/mod-open-to-leuchars-becoming-passenger-airport-1-3322479

Certainly with St Andrews on the doorstep, and the close proximity to Dundee there's potential there.

the MoD really want to keep that land, and it would cost £100m+ for a refurb. As well as that the entirety of St Andrews would hate a RyanAir flight coming in to land every 20 minutes.

Couldn't see it happening.

Edited by Marr1

With ABZ struggling and Dundee basically relying on Edinburgh for Air Transport, they'd be as well bulldozing ABZ and building it 20-30 miles south to attract more traffic for a joint airport. No money for it though and it'll be left with two separate shite airports for each city.