New Air Routes from Scotland

FlyerTon

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Not international but there's been talk of a new airline that's being set-up called Thistle Airways bringing back the Inverness to Edinburgh and Glasgow flights.  Would be pretty pointless IMO unless it was pennies for a ticket.

Flew from Inverness to Kirkwall in 40 minutes, back in 30, over last weekend. It was fucking extortionate though. The time and probably cost to Edinburgh or Glasgow would be similar. I wouldn't go for it but I'm sure enough tourists and businessmen would to keep it going in smallish planes.

Edited by welshbairn

18 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Not international but there's been talk of a new airline that's being set-up called Thistle Airways bringing back the Inverness to Edinburgh and Glasgow flights.  Would be pretty pointless IMO unless it was pennies for a ticket.

Possibly LoganAir? 

I think they might bring back the Dundee - Amsterdam flight as it was fairly popular. They've also dropped the price of flights from Dundee to Stanstead down to £49 one way.

4 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Possibly LoganAir? 

I think they might bring back the Dundee - Amsterdam flight as it was fairly popular. They've also dropped the price of flights from Dundee to Stanstead down to £49 one way.

You'd have thought Logan would already be doing it if they thought there was any money in it. Doesn't look like Thistle Air have got off the ground yet (no pun intended).

https://www.thistleairways.com/

• 3 months later...

I see Loganair are starting direct flights from Inverness to Norwich in June.  Also from July, Edelweiss Air are starting direct flights from Inverness to Zurich which means there'll be two different airlines operating that same route.  Bizarre.

32 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I see Loganair are starting direct flights from Inverness to Norwich in June.  Also from July, Edelweiss Air are starting direct flights from Inverness to Zurich which means there'll be two different airlines operating that same route.  Bizarre.

Not sure if anyone else is doing that route, unless they're code sharing. Easyjet were supposed to be doing Geneva for winter holidays but seem to have bottled it. Newmarket Holidays have stopped the Italian holidays as well. So Amsterdam, Zurich, Mallorca, Jersey and Dublin seems to be it for "foreign" direct flights.

P.S. Logan are starting year round Bergen flights as well. 

Edited by welshbairn

On 12/20/2017 at 21:26, welshbairn said:

Not sure if anyone else is doing that route, unless they're code sharing. Easyjet were supposed to be doing Geneva for winter holidays but seemed to have bottled it. Newmarket Holidays have stopped the Italian holidays as well. So Amsterdam, Zurich, Mallorca, Jersey and Dublin seems to be it for "foreign" direct flights.

There'll be Edelweiss Air from July but there's already Helvetic doing that route.  Both seasonal mind.

Edited by Highland Capital

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

There'll be Edelweiss Air from July but there's already Helvetic doing that route.  Both seasonal mind.

Looks like Helvetic have stopped the route. Last time I checked they were ridiculously expensive, Edelweiss are a bit more reasonable, under £200 return anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2018 at 12:13, welshbairn said:

Logan Air starting Bergen and Norwich flights from Inverness. Might pop over to Bergen for a weekend in the summer.

Norwich flights cancelled before they started due to lack of demand, unsurprisingly. Bergen flights still going ahead.