New Air Routes from Scotland

FlyerTon

• 1 month later...

Delta starting daily flights to New York from Edinburgh. 75E to 8 June then on to 76W for the summer, reverting back to 75E in September.

Delta competing with United and American on the route - hopefully each will drive cheaper prices and will bring more Yanks to buy whisky and play golf.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 01:34, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Nice one. Croatia is a possibility for next summer. Serbia is another option.

Did  11 nights in Croatia this year from Manchester......An absolute 100% recommend !

• 2 months later...

The way I looked at this service when it was first announced is that it wouldn't work as I thought it would have to generate interest from both sides. Clearly it's been a very popular from a Scottish perspective but I couldn't see many of the Dutch wanting to fly to Dundee considering we have Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen up the road.

Shame.

14 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Flybe coming up with the cock and bull excuse that the airport doesn't have appropriate radar coverage...why even consider the route in the first place then? emoji849.png

Probably easier saying that than "Dundee is a shitehole and there was zero demand for anyone to visit it".

Got to do something to try and get people to go there. Honestly I don't mind Dundee, seems an okay place but it's clear that's why they've pulled the flight route rather than some excuse about radar.

In a few years time, Dundee will be the place to be. [emoji6]

21 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Flybe will be starting flights from Edinburgh and Aberdeen to/from Heathrow from 26th March 2017.

Fares will start at around £40 each way. A lot cheaper than rip-off BA!

You can fly with BA from Inverness for £40 each way, much the same as Flybe to Manchester or Birmingham. To get that price with Flybe you'll have to book well in advance and pick the right day, same with BA. I see BA flights in peak season (July) from Glasgow to Heathrow are mostly £40.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You can fly with BA from Inverness for £40 each way, much the same as Flybe to Manchester or Birmingham. To get that price with Flybe you'll have to book well in advance and pick the right day, same with BA. I see BA flights in peak season (July) from Glasgow to Heathrow are mostly £40.

They were such higher last July, over £150 each way and much higher on peak flights.

I have got some cheap flights with Flybe and Easyjet (into Gatwick) when booking only two or three weeks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

They were such higher last July, over £150 each way and much higher on peak flights.

I have got some cheap flights with Flybe and Easyjet (into Gatwick) when booking only two or three weeks in advance.

You can get cheap deals late on if the plane's half empty, but don't think Flybe will be like Easyjet or Ryanair, they're not. If they're competing on a route with BA it's good news though, both will drop their fares unless they come to a sneaky agreement.

• 8 months later...