Bands everyone seems to love but you can't stand

thelocalcat

I would imagine you being a fan of the waistcoat and braces look.

I haven't really been in to music for a few years now, stopped listening to radio1 and find it hard to get in to new bands but i tend not to like the ones who are most popular because i get annoyed at hype.

Yes U2 did good stuff back in the day but i can't stand Bono. He is the most disgusting cretin on the face of the earth, telling us we should give to charity when he is as big a tax avoiding c**t as anyone with a personal fortune of half a billion.

Im not even sure what they did in the 90's, was sure most of their best music was in the 80's but everything they have done post 2000 has been so cringeworthy and they just won't go away. The album they snuck onto every i phone/i pod in the world was another harsh reminder that they haven't just taken their money and fucked off out of the limelight with some shred of self respect remaining.

1-oasis.both of Noel Gallagher's high flying birds albums are terrific but the whole oasis thing was ruined by his fucking arsehole brother.

2.kasabian.trying too hard to be oasis.

3.the smiths/ Morrissey. Insipid garbage.

4.coldplay.more insipid garbage.

5.foo fighters.I just don't get it.

• 4 weeks later...

For all I know Chvrches might be great, but I can't bring myself to listen to a band who choose to spell 'Churches' with a 'v' in place of the 'u'. I don't care if it made them easier to find on the internet, they can f**k off.

You're not missing much, they're not great. But wouldn't it be better if they FVCKED off?

• 2 weeks later...