Bands everyone seems to love but you can't stand

thelocalcat

Are Crvrches worh a listen, and do you actually pronounce it 'Chu-ver-chez'?

I'm a fan myself but depends on what you're into I suppose.

I'd say most of their tunes, especially from their new album, are proper growers - so give them a few listens. And aye, it's just pronounced Churches/

I can't actually work this out. Are you saying U2 aren't popular?

Yeah, not getting this either. I'd suggest that U2 have a bigger fanbase than any of the bands you mentioned (although I've no idea who 'Chvrches' are, but I'm old), and there are plenty of folk who'd say that they don't like the other two as well. Unless you mean in your immediate circle of friends only, which is a strange stipulation to put on. I'd be willing to bet that if you did a blind poll in the average pub, Coldplay and U2 would be considered more popular among the general populace than any of the bands you mentioned (plz don't do that btw, they won't like it).

No, I don't like Coldplay and U2 ^_^

When a band's album is automatically loaded onto I-tunes by Apple for free, and people do everything they can to remove it as quickly as they can, you know you've got a problem.

Queen

U2

Pink Floyd

Any 2 "heavy metal" bands.

Grimbo

Eta Grimbo is not a band ya clever c***s & VT

not even Grimboney M? Mind you after last week's result might I suggest an appropriate song: "Seven Tears" by the Grimbo Dance Band ... :P

Not all bands but nevermind.

Ed Sheeran - Just find him twee and irritating.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge is a tune, just find the rest a bit dull.

Muse - I don't get it.

Arctic Monkeys - Don't get the hype at all. You'd think they were musical geniuses the way some go on.

Pete Doherty/Libertines/Babyshambles - Utter guff.

Edited by Highland Capital

I must be getting terribly easy going in my old age - there's only two from other people's picks that I actively dislike (Coldplay & Snow Patrol). I'm just indifferent at worst to most of the ones I don't like (even Taylor Swift).

Just fill the rest of the list up with people who write those awful twee songs for supermarket adverts, usually played on a ukelele. I presume some of those tunes must be written and released by established recording artists as opposed to jingle writers. And must be popular, if companies are willing to try to sell products on the back of them.

Edit: Nicki Minaj? That lassie makes my skin crawl, and quite a few of her songs are laughably bad. Don't know if I've ever met anyone who likes her music, though.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave