Third Lanark

Wilky1878

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

The terracing in the areas containing trees is pretty much non-existent now. And behind that is a well trodden path which may be a public right of way. I'm not sure how sealing all that off would be achievable.

If it is a serious proposal and progresses to an advanced stage would it be remiss of someone to suggest a joint venture with Clyde?

Clyde would have a joint venture with Auld Nick. 

BTW, any Thirds supporters fancy swapping some magic beans I've got for their cow?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the old millionaire in Canada coming to the rescue story.

Many of us believe it can work because we saw it in the 1990s with the wee guy with bunnet gig.

It really can work.

Only things is, it kinda helps if you have support to start with.

Until we get confirmation of the ground etc, we need to stay Amateur. Once we've got a ground, we can start to talk to the other leagues about moving to them.

It's no secret that the Thirds board would love to get back to Scottish Football (one day). Those leagues certainly offer a pathway to where we want to go........

Until we get confirmation of the ground etc, we need to stay Amateur. Once we've got a ground, we can start to talk to the other leagues about moving to them.

It's no secret that the Thirds board would love to get back to Scottish Football (one day). Those leagues certainly offer a pathway to where we want to go........

Do you know of any other amateur teams that are looking to make the step up to the pyramid?

If there was

22 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Do you know of any other amateur teams that are looking to make the step up to the pyramid?

In addition to Third Lanark, (probably) Glasgow University, but only if  a new 'senior' West of Scotland League was formed.  

Ex SoSL members Girvan may also be tempted, and they already hold an SFA Entry Licence..

When Holm Park redevelopment is complete (2019 ?), Clydebank may well apply to (re)join the senior ranks as a route back to the Scottish League.

Any other amateur clubs ?

• 1 month later...
On 23 April 2017 at 11:31, Robert James said:

If there was

In addition to Third Lanark, (probably) Glasgow University, but only if  a new 'senior' West of Scotland League was formed.  

Ex SoSL members Girvan may also be tempted, and they already hold an SFA Entry Licence..

When Holm Park redevelopment is complete (2019 ?), Clydebank may well apply to (re)join the senior ranks as a route back to the Scottish League.

Any other amateur clubs ?

Clydebank ain't an amateur club.

21 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Clydebank ain't an amateur club.

I don't think he was calling Clydebank an amateur club. Just asking in general if any amateur clubs would be interested in the move. Which I guess has kind of happened with this Bonnyton moving to the SoSL.

• 2 months later...

I am sure some of this information is exageratting Third Lanark;s attendances, Aberdeen had much lower crowds at Third Lanark, than at Rangers when I look at attendances in history, I think they were a bit smaller than Partick, and even Partick had very low attendances in the Premier recently. Maybe this was the New Towns seeing populations leave, a city of a million people could support 3 particks them and clyde, and 2 old firms teams, and 1 QP,  600,000 just 2 old firms, and 1 partick and qp, so East Kilbride and Cumbernauld should be making up the numbers in the Scottish league, it's just Clyde never took the name Cumbernauld on board in their name, and maybe should have, while East Kilbride, may become a league club to add to ICT and Livingston one day, lets hope so,

As for Third Lanark, well it could be like Morton, Greenock once had 80,000 people, but now has half, it could just be populations fall, so affect the size of clubs, When oil goes in Aberdeen it may affect Aberdeen, and maybe Hibs and Hearts have been helped by the capital being more wealthy, they have been doing better than in the 1970s, same for ICT, and Livingston.

How's the route back to senior football going? Any updates

Nothing to report just yet. We're starting to see progress from Glasgow Council. While Cathkin is the preference, we just want a ground so we can start.

Meetings seem to be going well one minute and then an obstacle comes up. We just want a ground.

The council also asked us to take out a regular let on the park. They called us a week before it was due to start to tell us that Cathkin Park, a public football ground, does not have any goals. Haha.

Until the ground is sorted, we'll work at Amateur to build this club. I'll hopefully know more in next couple of months

28 minutes ago, Ampie said:

Nothing to report just yet. We're starting to see progress from Glasgow Council. While Cathkin is the preference, we just want a ground so we can start.

Meetings seem to be going well one minute and then an obstacle comes up. We just want a ground.

The council also asked us to take out a regular let on the park. They called us a week before it was due to start to tell us that Cathkin Park, a public football ground, does not have any goals. Haha.

Until the ground is sorted, we'll work at Amateur to build this club. I'll hopefully know more in next couple of months

I wouldn't hold your breath if you are dealing with GCC, they couldn't agree on what day it is nevermind anything else.

6 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Is there any reason why some of the crush barriers have been painted green? The boundary wall has been whitewashed recently as well.

70a430f8c5877b1ead60a9e813c2f46c.jpg

City colour is green.

Eff all to do with the JJA or the local Labour Party.

Archived