Your three highlights of 2015

Granny Danger

If your of a certain political persuasion 2015 had many highlights and points of interest despite the Tory majority. I'll start the ball rolling.

1. First we'll start with oor Jum. "I want to end that period of losing Labour here in Scotland, starting with the UK general election in 2015, where I'm confident we can hold all the seats we currently have but pick up one or two on top and also win that election in 2016 for the Scottish Parliament." Oh how we laughed.

2. Then of course the event that showed how daft the prediction was - 56 seats. Even the most optimistic of us where unwilling to be so bold as to think we could achieve that. I doubt in any modern democracy there has been such a significant shift; massive percentage swings and MPs that previously had huge majorities turfed out.

The Curran moment, the Sarwar moment, the Alexander moment(s), and of course the Murphy moment. It was a joy to behold.

3. Kezia Dugdale. I actually feel sorry for her but her election to the SLab leadership is indicative of the problems they have and the paucity of talent in their ranks. The bile that was evident from some like Curran in the aftermath of the defeat and the ongoing SNPbad shows Labour haven't even began to address the issues of why they were so comprehensively rejected by the Scottish Electorate.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The main labour clowns losing their seats almost brought me more pleasure than the SNP gaining them. Sarwar in particular was one I dislike immensely but for Alexander to get ousted by a 20 year old student and Murphy by a single mum was unbeatable. Great stories all around.

2. Kezia Dugdale getting a hilarious stoney silence from a BBC Question Time audience I thought was classic.

3. Carmichael getting exposed in a court of law for being the dirty lying bell-end he is and then somehow trying to take possession of the moral high ground afterwards. Shame he wasn't punished for it.

1. Scotland finally telling the careerist wankers of SLAB to do one, and they'd actually prefer a more, eh, people-centric strategy. Kind of focussing more on social aspects, if you like. What might such an outlook be called?

2. The Labour Party as a whole telling the PLP the same - while Corbyn may not be the Messiah, there's potential for him to be a John the Baptist figure. It may be too late, but if X-Factor could get its collective head round the idea that this particular voting system is for policies, not personalities, there may be some hope of ousting the Bastárds in four years' time.

3. Those aforementioned privileged wankers showing how fucking clueless they are. From the tax credit u-turn, to the inability to explain why a few extra bombs to add to the many already dropped would be the ones to mobilise the Ghost Battalions to regain control in Syria, it is becoming blatantly obvious to even the most blinkered, tabloid-reading morons that our lords and masters don't actually have much of a clue what they're doing. It may not be as difficult to horse the fuckers out as we feared.

1 - being there in person to witness the labour meltdown - the tears, anger and bewilderment of labour activists that have sneered, belittled and fought me for decades were a joy to behold. I turned to my labour councillor who was having a rant about how it was so unfair and very calmly went 'we've taken Holyrood, we've taken Westminster and we are going to take the council' - his face went white with a mixture of fear and rage.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

2 - helping Brocky get over the finish line in Leith. Singing 'there's only one Jim Murphy' as the results came in on the telly just outside the counting hall. I was nearly chucked out for that...

post-43052-14512559740923_thumb.jpg

3 - not much else springs to mind. It was also a bit crap for me, we never won Edinburgh South (although where I canvass in voted for Neil), the campaign wasn't a very happy one at the end, a few things have happened since and I'm no longer a member of the party for the first time in 19 years.

I'm sure I will rejoin though, it gets into your blood and I'm sure I won't want to miss another slaughter of labour in the summer....

1. SNP's glorious Scottish landslide breaking the BBC's swingometer, and the reaction of many of the ousted wankhammers

Trump engaging in a much-needed ruffling of feathers, and the resultant hysterical tantrums

International Men's Day overcoming bigoted feminists' opposition to be given a first debate airing in parliament

1.Same as most watching the rout in may,i was up in aberdeen and had a massive exam the next morning but the evening before still got out to help get the last of the vote out and finally fell asleep at around 5 ish after watching it unfold and getting told repeatedly to bugger off and go to bed (got my highest pass mark in my exam aswell)

2.The utter meltdown of labour,same as mr r bumped into a local lab type who had sneered at me during the campaign( in a not nice manner) and i blew a kiss at him and he went mental.Id also told him during the indy ref he was selling his soul

3.Hearing a lab candidate getting booed and jeered in fife at 1 of the hustings and the tory getting clapped was just plain crazy

1. Wee Douglas Alexander entering the hall for the count, cheeks puffed out as he knew he was history and his career had fallen apart.

2. Curran, Sarwar, Murphy and the rest going was incredible viewing on TV. Sturgeon cheering as the news came in for another SNP win

3. SNP parading their new MP's was a delight and will long live in the memory

1/ SLAB losing Murphy, Curran Alexander et al.

2/ Nicola Sturgeons performance in the leaders debates, in elections she was not taking part in.

3/ The meltdown of the Scottish political press. They cannot understand, we don't need them anymore. Or their lies.

1. The main labour clowns losing their seats almost brought me more pleasure than the SNP gaining them. Sarwar in particular was one I dislike immensely but for Alexander to get ousted by a 20 year old student and Murphy by a single mum was unbeatable. Great stories all around.

Not really a big thing but Kirsten Oswald isn't a single mum, she's married!

Archived