"I don't want THAT"

Hey guys, Pride of the Clyde here,

Just a day and a half to go until the big day finally arrives! And with the excitement turned up so high, I thought we could be naughty and have some fun!

Thinking about what presents I will get and that was good but trying to think for the thrill what wouldn't I like and have to pretend I did. Because of social conventions. For me?

A Partick half season ticket.

Ladders

What about you? I know we're not being serious because seriously it is so good of everyone to buy each other things at this time of year and we're not ungrateful but for the between us what would make you think "I don't want THAT!"?

Tidings,

Pridey.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mind as a wee guy asking for an N64 and Super Mario. Was old enough I knew it was my parents buying, but still right into the magic of Christmas.

Upon opening the N64 I was understandably delighted.

I then opened Mario Kart 64 and uttered something along the lines of "Aw, that wasn't the one I wanted!"

Not in a mega-bratty way, but I was probably like 9 or 10 at the time and was a bit disappointed.

I'll never forget how raging my dad was and how fucking guilty I felt after he made feel like an ungrateful wee shite!

I mind as a wee guy asking for an N64 and Super Mario. Was old enough I knew it was my parents buying, but still right into the magic of Christmas.

I then opened Mario Kart 64 and uttered something along the lines of "Aw, that wasn't the one I wanted!"

Not in a mega-bratty way, but I was probably like 9 or 10 at the time and was a bit disappointed.

I'll never forget how raging my dad was and how fucking guilty I felt after he made feel like an ungrateful wee shite!

Your dad sounds like a bit of a cock.

My Dad's pal who lived in London once sent me a Rangers calendar for Christmas 97. Wasn't a popular choice.

He did however send me The Adventures of Tom Sawyer when I was about 9 and had never heard of it - so can't really be too hard on him :D

My Dad's pal who lived in London once sent me a Rangers calendar for Christmas 97. Wasn't a popular choice.

He did however send me The Adventures of Tom Sawyer when I was about 9 and had never heard of it - so can't really be too hard on him :D

Great book, that. Especially when you're that age, just right for it.

Absolutely crap calendar choice though.

Was the guy Scottish and/or a football fan?

Ungrateful b*****d.

I also wanted an N64 for christmas one year and after discovering sealed bin bags full of presents in my parents wardrobe around mid November and finding one contained an N64 sized box I was sure I was to receive one. Imagine my surprise on christmas day when I came through in the morning to find a Taj Mahal 'Puzz 3D'. Managed to hold back the tears and snotters and act happy.

Finally got my N64 a year later. The Taj Mahal was never built.

Ungrateful b*****d.

I also wanted an N64 for christmas one year and after discovering sealed bin bags full of presents in my parents wardrobe around mid November and finding one contained an N64 sized box I was sure I was to receive one. Imagine my surprise on christmas day when I came through in the morning to find a Taj Mahal 'Puzz 3D'. Managed to hold back the tears and snotters and act happy.

Finally got my N64 a year later. The Taj Mahal was never built.

???????? Brilliant.

When I was in Primary School I one got the same WWF pencil case from 2 family members at Christmas.

It wasn't even the Ultimate Warrior! It was Macho Man Randy Savage. Macho Fucking Man Randy Savage.

Archived