Podcasts

Ludo*1

On 08/06/2018 at 12:14, banana said:

The Jacobin Magazine hit piece :lol: Here's was me thinking your avatar was intended to be ironic... 

@Dee Man, more Goggins mayhem...

Just listened to this on my TuneIn app yesterday not realising this is what you'd recommended and came to recommend it to yourself. 

"Break a hole in that ice and jump in. Right, you've got 30 seconds to get out before hypothermia sets in". 

Goggins is a lunatic. I need to read the Living With A Seal book. 

My 13.5 hour drive through the night last night was greatly enhanced by Stephen Fry’s Great Leap Years Podcast where he looks at the inventions and innovators who have pushed us forward as a species. Great stuff, full of genuine “oh, riiiiiiiiiiight” moments of realization. Like Standard Oil company. SO. Esso. Definitely worth a listen. 

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Had a go at Top Flight Time Machine, presented by Andy Dawson (of Atheltico Mince) and Sam Delaney.

I managed about 10 minutes before I found Sam Delaney too much. Anyone else tried it and reckon it's worth ploughing through?

It’s ok but not essential. 

Here's a wee 2 min taster of Trampled Bat featuring slating Tough Mudder, promoting binge drinking as a form of exercise & bringing back EuroTrash

https://media.sparemin.com/embed-video/videos/be/e2/0c/d6/bee20cd6-26db-4f0c-ae35-6a9d07c6ff03_59648.mp4

The full hour long version also features celebrating the passing of creep Peter Stringfellow & murderer Leslie Grantham, not rebuilding the Glasgow School of Art & plenty of Tory bashing. Available on all the usual podcast apps & www.trampledbat.com

:angel

Here's a wee 2 min taster of Trampled Bat featuring slating Tough Mudder, promoting binge drinking as a form of exercise & bringing back EuroTrash

https://media.sparemin.com/embed-video/videos/be/e2/0c/d6/bee20cd6-26db-4f0c-ae35-6a9d07c6ff03_59648.mp4

The full hour long version also features celebrating the passing of creep Peter Stringfellow & murderer Leslie Grantham, not rebuilding the Glasgow School of Art & plenty of Tory bashing. Available on all the usual podcast apps & www.trampledbat.com
:angel

Tory bashing y’say..?
IMG_0998.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Fitba hacks podcast is really enjoyable, probably been mentioned before. The latest one with Scott McLaughlin has me chuckling...his limmy-like accent impression

Edit: is tell him he’s Pele I meant, not Fitba hacks. Apologies to all.

Listen to tell him he’s Pele, it’s brilliant.

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Is Joe Rogan getting further and further to the right these days, or am I just noticing it more? 

You're noticing something (finally!), but have the wrong high level diagnosis.

The left is on a several decades long accelerating death slide further and further leftwards, leaving all dissenting voices, including the moderate left, as 'right wing'.

Fitba hacks podcast is really enjoyable, probably been mentioned before. The latest one with Scott McLaughlin has me chuckling...his limmy-like accent impression
Edit: is tell him he’s Pele I meant, not Fitba hacks. Apologies to all.
Listen to tell him he’s Pele, it’s brilliant.

Thanks for reminding me of this podcast. I used to listen and forgot all about it. Just downloaded all this years. [emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks for reminding me of this podcast. I used to listen and forgot all about it. Just downloaded all this years. [emoji106][emoji106]

Just finished part 2 there. Never found myself laughing aloud but a good insight and listen all the same. Delighted there’s a part 3.

In amongst all the World Cup ones I’ve been right into casefile lately, the later ones with the anonymous host and creepy music are great, listened to an early one about This the other day which was equally eerie and riveting.  

Podcasts are are pretty much my favourite/ most commonly played media these days get through a ton at work. And it’s pretty much a bottomless pit so never feel I’ll get bored, plus it’s free.