Driving

P45

Had one at the Balloch roundabout - I'm in the left hand lane, which is either for the first exit turning left towards balloch or the second exit going straight on towards dumbarton, with the right lane only for taking the 2nd exit towards Dumbarton or going fully around the roundabout. I'm taking the 2nd exit as I'm on my way back to Glasgow from Helensburgh, but I'm in the left hand lane - this is fine if you know the layout of the roundabout I'm talking about. Check to see if the roundabout is clear - yep, there's nothing coming. Now, as I'm just moving into the roundabout something makes me take a quick look into my driver side mirror where, lo and behold, I see some absolute penis on a motorbike, clearly going left (might have had his indicator on at least) but in the wrong lane, zooming up. Slam on my brakes and the c**t narrowly avoids smashing into the front of my car. edit: further up ahead at the roundabout into Dumbarton, going the other way towards Helensburgh - the left hand lane is only for going towards Dumbarton Town Center, with the middle and right lanes for taking the 2nd exit and beyond. Never had any mishaps with that myself, though a couple of times over the years there've been some terrifying near misses in either my friends or my dads car with some bright spark missing the left turn only road marking and cutting my friend/dad up at the roundabout...

Also had one where the green filter light had clearly been on for a good while turning onto Maryhill road (up towards the Bearsden/Canniesburn Toll way, at the primary school across from the Ab Fab cafe - can see the lights from a good while away before reaching the junction) - nevertheless have a last look right before joining the road. Just as well I did or I'd have collided with the cyclist who'd pretty clearly ran a red light.

Had a couple of near misses involving women that either ignored or missed massive give way road markings/no entry signs, too, including at Asda Summerston and were driving on the wrong side of the road. Fun fun fun.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do some people do a full circuit of a roundabout before leaving at the exit they already passed. Obviously some people miss their turning or are not sure of the exit they should take so go round again 'til they get to the one they need to take, but I have seen people, even on the simplest of roundabouts, going right round, sometimes more than once, before they turn off. I have often wondered if these people think the rules of a roundabout means you must drive right round it before exiting or, more likely, just coming the cnut.

I work at the retail park in Falkirk and spend a good few hours working on cars there. The one thing that infuriates me more than anything is the amount of people who don't follow the one way system. You wouldn't do it outwith a car park so why do it in a car park? It's 10x worse on a Saturday when the weirdos who don't go to the football fight over spaces so they can spend 3 hours shuffling around dunelm mill.

In the 3 months I've been driving I've seen loads, A woman stopped her Micra in the middle of the road on just after a corner, the road is a 60mph so the van in front of me nearly went into the Micra and I had to skid round the side of the van, the woman then sped off and I caught up to her near mossmoran and she kept slamming her breaks on and the wee idiots in the back were looking at me and laughing, I gave them full beams.

I work at the retail park in Falkirk and spend a good few hours working on cars there. The one thing that infuriates me more than anything is the amount of people who don't follow the one way system. You wouldn't do it outwith a car park so why do it in a car park? It's 10x worse on a Saturday when the weirdos who don't go to the football fight over spaces so they can spend 3 hours shuffling around dunelm mill.

The idiots don't like being asked how they actually managed to pass their test when you point out their short comings.

Why do some people do a full circuit of a roundabout before leaving at the exit they already passed. Obviously some people miss their turning or are not sure of the exit they should take so go round again 'til they get to the one they need to take, but I have seen people, even on the simplest of roundabouts, going right round, sometimes more than once, before they turn off. I have often wondered if these people think the rules of a roundabout means you must drive right round it before exiting or, more likely, just coming the cnut.

Often see it for folk that too important to queue.

A queue turning left or going straight on.

They will take right lane, indicate right and go right round and then cut across queue as they have right of way on roundabout.

The selfish c**t manoeuvre as it is know.

They will take right lane, indicate right and go right round and then cut across queue as they have right of way on roundabout.

People in this country really love a queue.

That's quite a sensible manoeuvre.

When I worked in Belfast I often went right round the Toome roundabout to avoid sitting in the queue for straight ahead (road went down to 1 lane from dual carriage way at that point, left lane Belfast, right lane turn right only).

I turn left up Shields Road in Motherwell coming from Craigneuk like that on a daily basis. Don't really see the issue with it to be honest.

People who don't indicate at roundabouts should be skinned alive and rolled in grit. A particular issue for X5 drivers an range rover sports. c***s.

The amount of people who dont know how to use a roundabout is startling, particularly down here.

No, its not ok to indicate right if you're taking the second exit and no, it definitely isnt ok to still be indicating right when you turn left off the roundabout :rolleyes:

The amount of people who dont know how to use a roundabout is startling, particularly down here.

No, its not ok to indicate right if you're taking the second exit and no, it definitely isnt ok to still be indicating right when you turn left off the roundabout :rolleyes:

It's folk who are taking the first exit, but don't indicate, drive up to the junction and stop, then crawl round the corner. b*****ds.

In the 3 months I've been driving I've seen loads, A woman stopped her Micra in the middle of the road on just after a corner, the road is a 60mph so the van in front of me nearly went into the Micra and I had to skid round the side of the van, the woman then sped off and I caught up to her near mossmoran and she kept slamming her breaks on and the wee idiots in the back were looking at me and laughing, I gave them full beams.

Bit early in your driving career to be acting the cunt, no?

How was I the c**t?

I wasn't parked in the middle of a 60mph road right after a corner where if the van driver or me never slammed the breaks on it time it would have caused a pile up and at least 4 dead.

In the 3 months I've been driving I've seen loads, A woman stopped her Micra in the middle of the road on just after a corner, the road is a 60mph so the van in front of me nearly went into the Micra and (i) I had to skid round the side of the van, the woman then sped off and (ii) I caught up to her near mossmoran and (iii) she kept slamming her breaks on and the wee idiots in the back were looking at me and laughing, (iv) I gave them full beams.

How was I the c**t?

I wasn't parked in the middle of a 60mph road right after a corner where if the van driver or me never slammed the breaks on it time it would have caused a pile up and at least 4 dead.

(i) Driving far too close to the van in front - he was able to stop in time, you had to pull a manoeuvre from Starsky & Hutch to avoid crashing into him.

(ii) Chasing the poor woman after her mistake (presumably in a blind rage) and it clearly was a mistake to stop inappropriately in the middle of the road. What you should have done at this stage was clocked that there was another poor driver on the road and given her as much space as possible, instead ....

(iii) Trying to harass the poor woman by driving too close (we can infer this from the fact that she had to point out your poor behaviour by braking frequently).

(iv) Further trying to discomfort her by putting your full beams on.

You might want to spend a bit longer learning to drive properly yourself before criticising other road users.

You're welcome.

(i) Driving far too close to the van in front - he was able to stop in time, you had to pull a manoeuvre from Starsky & Hutch to avoid crashing into him.

(ii) Chasing the poor woman after her mistake (presumably in a blind rage) and it clearly was a mistake to stop inappropriately in the middle of the road. What you should have done at this stage was clocked that there was another poor driver on the road and given her as much space as possible, instead ....

(iii) Trying to harass the poor woman by driving too close (we can infer this from the fact that she had to point out your poor behaviour by braking frequently).

(iv) Further trying to discomfort her by putting your full beams on.

You might want to spend a bit longer learning to drive properly yourself before criticising other road users.

You're welcome.

Aye ok

Archived