Driving

P45

Following distances:   The recommended following distance is 2 seconds when its dry and 4 in the wet.   Yet regularly we see cyclists riding within 0.1 seconds of each other with the more horrendous tailgating imaginable, yet the police doesn't seem to care about this,    

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Following distances:   The recommended following distance is 2 seconds when its dry and 4 in the wet.   Yet regularly we see cyclists riding within 0.1 seconds of each other with the more horrendous tailgating imaginable, yet the police doesn't seem to care about this,    

Very informative thank you. Stopping distance is increased ten fold in snow, given the extreme weather a couple of months ago I feel this is very important information.

11 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Very informative thank you. Stopping distance is increased ten fold in snow, given the extreme weather a couple of months ago I feel this is very important information.

I'll repost it again in November Scotty.   Really important that car users stay safe on our tax-funded roads.    

8 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

I'll repost it again in November Scotty.   Really important that car users stay safe on our tax-funded roads.    

I heard an advert on the radio yesterday "Are you on the roads today? Look out for vulnerable road users.....(followed by more patronising crap)"

What/who are "vulnerable" road users?

39 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I heard an advert on the radio yesterday "Are you on the roads today? Look out for vulnerable road users.....(followed by more patronising crap)"

What/who are "vulnerable" road users?

Hedgehogs

9 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

It has me pretty annoyed tbh. I tipped the back of her car less than 10 mph and 14 months later she is looking for personal injuries. Her written description is that I smashed into the back of her but it was just a bump.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Annoying for sure but it's up to your insurance company to deal with it? They must get chancers at it all the time. These holiday food poisoning c***s are getting sorted these days, thankfully.

Surely if you 'smashed into the back of her', one or both of you would have required garage repairs to your cars. Think I would be putting that to her insurance company,

Did she claim for car repairs 14 months ago?

Fucking chancers.

Archived