Black Friday - The real one

DA Baracus

It's this Friday. Expect higher than normal levrls of comical fighting, folk greeting, relationships ruined and general unpleasantness as folk who don't usually go out get absolutely shitfaced and go mental.

Fortunately I'll be missing it as usual. I pity bar staff and bouncers who'll be working on Friday night.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My work's Xmas do is always on Black(eye) Friday.

In five years I think I've punched one person, almost scrapped with another, witnessed two fights, and threatened the bouncers at mosquito, who I'm sure were wetting themselves in fear of what I, the drunken weakling, would do.

I go out and get drunk often enough so I don't have much of an excuse for my behaviour!

Mines starts at 11am.

I'm officially working til 12 but in reality I do a minimal amount of work for 90 minutes, then the guys all start drinking about half 10 while the lassies get ready, which takes an hour and a half of course

It's this Friday. Expect higher than normal levrls of comical fighting, folk greeting, relationships ruined and general unpleasantness as folk who don't usually go out get absolutely shitfaced and go mental.

Fortunately I'll be missing it as usual. I pity bar staff and bouncers who'll be working on Friday night.

Every year the malcontents and general shut-ins on this site come out the woodwork to slate this event. Shame on you! Let's celebrate this annual festival of drunkeness instead of running it down.

With a bit of love, care and good PR, we could turn this into a better version of Hogmanay.

Mines starts at 11am.

Mines starts at 10.30. Wine and/or fizzy wine in the office. Then meal at 12.30. Then pub - stick to pints. Should manage to disengage about 19.00 and get a choo choo back to Kdy in time to catch the Morton v Rovers game on BBC Alba. I will try not to punch or shag anyone. With God's help I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

We've a couple of fruit loops. One is a great guy, but has never really grown up. When he's pished he engages in gangland warfare, telling everybody that 'Shams Rule'. It once got him in bother with a homeless man. There's another whom is what we call a fucking lightweight. I started a sweetie in work with what time he'll have to be bundled in a taxi and sent on his frothy way. All money raised goes to the first homeless person we see that the first guy doesn't get an argument with.

I like it. All the usual arseholes who do things like insist on standing at the bar and getting in the way when it's three deep, or wanting a taster of all the craft ales before deciding, stay at home moaning about that time they got battered by a dentists receptionist because she couldn't get to her jaegerbomb.

Mine kicks off at noon. Got a black eye last year. Was chatting to a girl about boxing and she asked me how it felt getting punched in the face. I said it's no big deal and that she could punch me in the face if she wanted. I'd forgotten this conversation and was quietly boozing with someone else when her haymakers started landing. She was packing more jewellery and a few more stone than my usual opponents/partners and left me with a few good bruises.

Archived