P&B Dead Pool 2016

Spain

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way I keep my place in top 10. Gutted as it's my best year (points wise, not position). 169 got me 7th in 2014. Oh how times have changed :lol: That year was Ian Paisley, Richard Attenborough and Luise Rainer with the buzzer beater at the end. 3 hits. This year I've had 5 hits. Not heard a peep out of the rest of my squad, there's still hope though.

In the "post-truth" world we are now in, where wild internet rumours can be quoted as fact by the US president elect, when is the P&B dead pool going to realise that the "obituary" columns are controlled by the MSM. 

http://www.australiannationalreview.com/julian-assange-dead-wikileaks-compromised/

If I don't get points for this then its obviously CROOKED

Regardless of the hard and fast truth, we just need one rule the whole thing can work with.

And that rule is "People have to be sufficiently famous that their obituary makes a UK-based national news source such as - but not limited to- BBC, national newspapers, or Reuters UK. Local newspapers and special interest magazines (Gardner's Weekly etc) aren't broad enough and don't count."

The MSM control would be a similar issue to that of the likes of terrorists. I mean, is Al-Baghdadi dead? We don't know for sure, there's rumours but until it's confirmed in a UK-based national news source then then there's nothing we can do about it.

Anyway, I look forward to your rage.

b5154eaf76de20e0dca9221bb231950f.gif

9 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Well I will be substituting the two terrorists out of my team. You have little chance of verifying their death.  A lesson learned for next year.

I opted against picking Abu Musab al-Zarqawi a few years ago for that very reason .... 6 months later he was pan-breed and his death was confirmed.

Google would suggest that that was 10 years ago ... have we been doing Dead Pool that long !!??

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Regardless of the hard and fast truth, we just need one rule the whole thing can work with.

And that rule is "People have to be sufficiently famous that their obituary makes a UK-based national news source such as - but not limited to- BBC, national newspapers, or Reuters UK. Local newspapers and special interest magazines (Gardner's Weekly etc) aren't broad enough and don't count."

The MSM control would be a similar issue to that of the likes of terrorists. I mean, is Al-Baghdadi dead? We don't know for sure, there's rumours but until it's confirmed in a UK-based national news source then then there's nothing we can do about it.

Anyway, I look forward to your rage.

Reveal hidden contents

b5154eaf76de20e0dca9221bb231950f.gif

Surely terrorist deaths require the confirmation of John Cena?

Don't ask me how I remember this but the first death in P&B dead pool was Stan Richards who played Seth Armstrong on Emmerdale, which was 11 February 2005 according to google, so it's been going since 2005. Sadly pretty much all the old threads have been culled now.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Don't ask me how I remember this but the first death in P&B dead pool was Stan Richards who played Seth Armstrong on Emmerdale, which was 11 February 2005 according to google, so it's been going since 2005. Sadly pretty much all the old threads have been culled now.

How do you remember that?

13 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Seths dead? fucking hell man. Not watched Emmerdale in a wee while.

Archived