Guitarist Thread

CALDERON

Apologies if theres already a thread.

Who plays guitar? What do you play? Any hints or tips?

I play a Fender Tele Thinline Deluxe. Part of their Modern Player series so made in China, but Ive gigged this extensively for 2 and a half years and never ever been let down once by it. Has 2 P-90 pickups which are awesome.

I recently bought a "Harley Benton" version of a Gibson ES-335 for £100 new from Thomann. Its actually a very very decent guitar, not much worse than an Epi Dot and about a third of a price.

Amp wise use a Fender Mustang 100w combo. Fantastic and versatile modelling amp, really really loud too. Had to turn it down a number of times un-miced at small venues, easily holds it own against bigger amps and drums etc - and light enough to carry about. Cheap too, £200 odd quid.

I tend to go for "budget" gear, but if you look hard enough you can get some pretty great bargains.

I play a Rickenbacker 360 (midnight blue) and play it through a Fender Twin Reverb.

I own several FX units:

• Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
  • Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
  • Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
  • Boss FB-2 Feedbacker
  • Boss RV-6 Digital Reverb
  • Boss TE-2 Tera Echo
  • Boss OD-3 Overdrive
  • Electro Harmonix Superego Synth Engine
  • Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
  • Digitech Whammy V
  • Boss RE-20 Space Echo
  • Line 6 DL-4 Digital Delay
  • Electro Harmonix Memory Man
  • Electro Harmonix Epitome

When everything's turned up loud and you can muck about with combinations and different sounds, it can be absolutely wonderful.

Play an Adrian Smith signature San Dimas DK Jackson, was absolutely shitting myself carrying it home from Guitar guitar incase I dropped it or somebody knicked it. Most money I've spent on anything other than my car.

Also have an Epiphone G400 (SG). As an AC/DC fan it's a must have unless you want to shell out for the gibson version.

Line 6 Spider II 75W amp. Has plenty of different effects and settings.

I just Jam along with covers so could do with a multi effects panel to get certain songs exact tone.

I play a Rickenbacker 360 (midnight blue) and play it through a Fender Twin Reverb.

I own several FX units:

• Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
  • Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
  • Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
  • Boss FB-2 Feedbacker
  • Boss RV-6 Digital Reverb
  • Boss TE-2 Tera Echo
  • Boss OD-3 Overdrive
  • Electro Harmonix Superego Synth Engine
  • Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
  • Digitech Whammy V
  • Boss RE-20 Space Echo
  • Line 6 DL-4 Digital Delay
  • Electro Harmonix Memory Man
  • Electro Harmonix Epitome

When everything's turned up loud and you can muck about with combinations and different sounds, it can be absolutely wonderful.

Blimey - that's some nice gear - the best bit is the Rickenbacker, obviously.

I play a Schechter.

This is absolutely 100 per cent self-indulgent but here's some pictures of my "set up". It's in my back room where I iron clothes and dry washing, so please excuse the mess. It turns out I was wrong about some of the gear listed above, I was trying to do it from memory at work. It's should have read Fender Stageman 212 amplifier and a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive. (I'm also unsure of how to post pictures on here either, it doesn't seem like a straightforward process.)

post-3060-0-23244000-1449006889_thumb.jp

post-3060-0-27965500-1449006907_thumb.jp

post-3060-0-06457500-1449006921_thumb.jp

post-3060-0-71522800-1449006933_thumb.jp

post-3060-0-64718700-1449006945_thumb.jp

post-3060-0-05377700-1449006959_thumb.jp

This is absolutely 100 per cent self-indulgent but here's some pictures of my "set up". It's in my back room where I iron clothes and dry washing, so please excuse the mess. It turns out I was wrong about some of the gear listed above, I was trying to do it from memory at work. It's should have read Fender Stageman 212 amplifier and a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive. (I'm also unsure of how to post pictures on here either, it doesn't seem like a straightforward process.)

attachicon.gifimage1.JPG

attachicon.gifimage2.JPG

attachicon.gifimage3.JPG

attachicon.gifimage4.JPG

attachicon.gifimage5.JPG

attachicon.gifimage6.JPG

I like your big muff.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image6.JPG

I'm going to the bookies to get a price on your house burning down.

I don't gig but have collected a lot of gear over the years,

Baja Telecaster

Schecter PT

Lag Roxane 200

Gretsch New Yorker

Various other copies and weird guitars

Various pedals and a pod and a magicstomp

Ashdown, Hiwatt and Blackstar amps.

And umpteen ukuleles

Edited by bob the tank

Haven't touched my guitar in half a year due to other interests and lack of space. Set up is as follows though.

Ibanez SZ 320. A great guitar for all styles with a lovely neck.

Squire Tele Deluxe. For a supposed budget guitar it's an absolute belter. If ever have a spare £190 then definitely buy one of these.

Pedal board has shrunk a fair bit. Always rely on my Danalectro Fab Tone for that huge Mogwai style wall of sound type distortion. My Boss RV 5 is probably my favourite pedal of all time and also hold a Digitech Whammy. Also include the obvious tuner pedal.

Fender Strat 50th Anniversary edition

Martin 00028 Acoustic

Epiphone bass

Line6 Spyder 50 amp

Some pedals which I don't use much

These days just play with some mates and muck about with Garage Band and Song Galaxy

Probably got way too many guitars than I even need :lol:

Ibanez prestige s5470 red viking

Fender Strat David Lozeau art edition

Gibson Slash Rosso Corsa

Gibson 56 VOS

all played through a blackstar ID 60 amp.

Edited by number one wasp

Anyone reccomend some good multi effects units? Im needing to be jake the peg at the moment, and now im singing and playing rhythm theres not any real need.

Check out the Vox ToneLab stuff. Cracking all round multi effects which has an actual valve as part of the circuitry. I've got the ToneLab EX which is great. Bit dearer than some of the Boss stuff but I find they sound a good bit richer.