Guitarist Thread

CALDERON

7 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I've got a Mandola. I'm not great on it but it sounds and looks absolute beautiful.

Nice. I got a fairly cheap mandolin upgraded the strings and it sounds not too bad. Find it easier as it’s the same tuning as the fiddle which I play anyway. Might need to investigate a mandola as the mandolin is a bit wee for my prince Charles digits.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Nice. I got a fairly cheap mandolin upgraded the strings and it sounds not too bad. Find it easier as it’s the same tuning as the fiddle which I play anyway. Might need to investigate a mandola as the mandolin is a bit wee for my prince Charles digits.

Haha the Mandola is tuned as a viola so it's the big boy voice mandolin

• 2 weeks later...

Picked one of these up on Gumtree the other week. Barely used and was £140. My son has one, so I know its decent.

Was starting to get fucked off with individual pedals so this works for me.

No interested in their prestored patches, I have just dialed in my own preferences for the preamp/compressor/od/rev/delay and pick and choose depending on what I am doing.

IMG_20240301_203332558.thumb.jpg.7456304a5fe6e3f3ea4db43b4150a135.jpg

On 20/03/2024 at 11:56, Leith Green said:

Picked one of these up on Gumtree the other week. Barely used and was £140. My son has one, so I know its decent.

Was starting to get fucked off with individual pedals so this works for me.

No interested in their prestored patches, I have just dialed in my own preferences for the preamp/compressor/od/rev/delay and pick and choose depending on what I am doing.

IMG_20240301_203332558.thumb.jpg.7456304a5fe6e3f3ea4db43b4150a135.jpg

I can't cope without multi effects now.  I have one "normal" pedal which is an overdrive, but other than that I'm using multi effects or in built amp effects for anything chorus/delay/reverb related.  Far less faff particularly when playing live.  

I bought one of these on the cheap to get me through a few gigs about 7 years ago and haven't looked back since.

161014302884008f.jpg

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Still resolutely plowing on with tubes and pedals, purely out of spite because all that was available as a teen was solid state and digital stuff 😆

I don't play guitar outwith my own house (drummer to trade performance wise) but no multi effect going is going to beat whacking on two driven pedals with satisfying clicks through my orange amp and blasting into a chorus. It's a sensational feeling.