Scotland 10 (TEN), Macedonia 0

Ivo den Bieman

wow. what a one sided turkey-shoot this was.

The Macedonian goalkeeper directly to blame for the first three and final goals, whilst her defence seems not to realise that you can actually head the ball. Dolorously slow, lacking in the basics and no aerial ability whatsoever.

horrific gulf in quality, really. Scotland stroked the ball about but it wasn't the hardest game that will have to be faced in this qualifying group.

Those goals are pretty much all awful.

Women's football is shite.

Never seen a game till this season.

I've always thought the goalkeeping was shite for whatever reason, even at the top level.

However that's the second time I've seen the national team and it would have been a decent day out if it was better weather. £5 including a decent programme. Mrs Mantis enjoyed it anyway, I might have to take her over to the Netherlands for Euro 2017 :lol:

Looking forward to seeing Scotland v Iceland which will decide the group and be a real test for Scotland.

I also saw Glasgow City v Chelsea and it was actually quite a fast physical game, unlike the 2 internationals I've seen.

• 1 month later...

wow. what a one sided turkey-shoot this was.

The Macedonian goalkeeper directly to blame for the first three and final goals, whilst her defence seems not to realise that you can actually head the ball. Dolorously slow, lacking in the basics and no aerial ability whatsoever.

horrific gulf in quality, really. Scotland stroked the ball about but it wasn't the hardest game that will have to be faced in this qualifying group.

The 7 and the 10 looked streets ahead of the others. Quite streetwise and physical. Obviously frustrating for them working their fairly substantial arses off and getting little support.

• 4 months later...

Iceland game is this Friday at the Falkirk Stadium. After seeing two turkey shoots I'm looking forward to seeing what a competitive game is like.

Only £5 admission and there's even a 2-for-1 deal if you book in advance.

Archived