The Dundee United Relegation Express

:lol:

Honestly, you can feel your frustration through the app mate.

We have been through the mill, come out the other side and are back in our rightful place.

Utd are going into the mill and haven't got the stomach, from chairman right through to fans, to fight it.

Here and now is what's important, or so Utd kept saying when they were winning trophies recently. Our past achievements were irrelevant apparently in comparison to the present day achievements.

Well I put it to you that our history is just as irrelevant now, and the present is a fucking treat :lol:

Get down. Stay down. Learn some humility and you may get a shot at the big time again. Eventually.

I've been meaning to mention this for weeks. Being a football fan is a funny old game, and it is all about perspective and fighting your corner. When we were doing well we were often reminded about Dundee's cup wins compared to ours, we then fired back with "the past is the past". Now the reverse is happening and the shoe is on the other foot. Dundee's recent time spent in the Championship is a distant memory in terms of football and so is our 2010 cup win and the few weeks where we played amazing football a couple of seasons ago.

Lets be clear, we are a shambles. As fans, as much as it is shit and can get frustrating we must take the barrage of abuse and gloating on the chin, it is the only way to deal with it. Football works in cycles and at the moment it looks like Dundee may well have the upper hand in the city for a few of years at the very least. It is a b*****d but it is football. Roll on 2020 when we get to be back on top.....possibly.....maybe.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been meaning to mention this for weeks. Being a football fan is a funny old game, and it is all about perspective and fighting your corner. When we were doing well we were often reminded about Dundee's cup wins compared to ours, we then fired back with "the past is the past". Now the reverse is happening and the shoe is on the other foot. Dundee's recent time spent in the Championship is a distant memory in terms of football and so is our 2010 cup win and the few weeks where we played amazing football a couple of seasons ago.

Lets be clear, we are a shambles. As fans, as much as it is shit and can get frustrating we must take the barrage of abuse and gloating on the chin, it is the only way to deal with it. Football works in cycles and at the moment it looks like Dundee may well have the upper hand in the city for a few of years at the very least. It is a b*****d but it is football. Roll on 2020 when we get to be back on top.....possibly.....maybe.

Gets it^^^^

Gets it^^^^

Aye but United dominated the city for 30 years and Dundee's current domination has yet to last a season.

That's not an insignificant factor.

A few seasons for the Arabs in the championship will start to even things up a bit.

Aye but United dominated the city for 30 years and Dundee's current domination has yet to last a season.

That's not an insignificant factor.

A few seasons for the Arabs in the championship will start to even things up a bit.

How long did Dundee dominate before that? Etc

30 years? Right then.

I'm 35 this year and since I can remember United have comfortably been the biggest team in Dundee.

Aye Dundee had a reckless spend and burn phase where they had some cracking players but they never won anything. In the last 30 years United have consistently won and challenged for major honours.

I'm 35 this year and since I can remember United have comfortably been the biggest team in Dundee.

Aye Dundee had a reckless spend and burn phase where they had some cracking players but they never won anything. In the last 30 years United have consistently won and challenged for major honours.

I'm happy for you.

Football did happen prior to you consciousness awakening though. You should probably research it.

Serious question for The Arabs. Are you bitter that Stephen Thompson has deliberately and systematically dismantled your club in order to augment Jackie's pension fund?

The arab in my work is not going back until Thompson is gone. :lol:

Serious question for The Arabs. Are you bitter that Stephen Thompson has deliberately and systematically dismantled your club in order to augment Jackie's pension fund?

It will be his own pension if anything. But to answer, it isn't a simple yes or no. He has been a magnificent chairman but in the last two years his decisions have become more and more haphazard and he has lost focus as well as (I think) any motivation to want to be here anymore. He is trying to run the club as a 'buy low and sell high' business (which is a model used by many clubs) but that is now beginning to unravel as we have no assets left and we have a dreadful team on the pitch.

Don't worry guys, Jackson guaranteed that you would stay up.

All you need to do is gather 1.4 times is many points as you already have more than the closest opposition team(s) can you manage that? Jackson told me its a dead cert, went all in at the bookies.

Absolutely. Why can't we have a chairman of integrity like Dave King?

It will be his own pension if anything. But to answer, it isn't a simple yes or no. He has been a magnificent chairman but in the last two years his decisions have become more and more haphazard and he has lost focus as well as (I think) any motivation to want to be here anymore. He is trying to run the club as a 'buy low and sell high' business (which is a model used by many clubs) but that is now beginning to unravel as we have no assets left and we have a dreadful team on the pitch.

I've no doubt where Thompson's heart is but whenever I hear him being interviewed he comes across as thick as mince.

Time for Justine to take over?

Archived