Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

Just now, flyingrodent said:

Barcelona certainly capable of doing that to better teams but some of those goals looked far, far too easy.

Well, not the Suarez one, but some of the others.

Don't kid yourself, they've hardly done that at home, ever in Europe. Last season one 6, the season before not even that. It's unusual for them to score so many in European games.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Tbf, parts of the city have flooded, trams have been cancelled and planes diverted. Can't blame City for all that.

Yeah fair enough, hadn't heard the news.. I just thought it was a waterlogged pitch which seemed a bit poor.. It's not as if there's been weeks of rain.

2 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

Don't kid yourself, they've hardly done that at home, ever in Europe. Last season one 6, the season before not even that. It's unusual for them to score so many in European games.

Barcelona in being 10 times better than Celtic shocker!

For as good as Barcelona were, Celtic were appalling. Those goals were a mixture of sheer brilliance and criminal defending - Gamboa and De Vries were particularly dreadful. The back five does not work and Rodgers made no effort to change the system and put Barca under any pressure. Celtic need to sharpen up big time or horsings from both City & Gladbach are on the way, even at home. 

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

Chuckle. And the best thing is that Man City will be out to make up the goal difference when they play that Mhob.

It goes head to head first and if tied on that then it's goals difference, so Man City will be hoping to pump Barca for the head to head.

2 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Chuckle. And the best thing is that Man City will be out to make up the goal difference when they play that Mhob.

Chuckle. The cash secured from these humpings will secure 10 in a row.

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

For as good as Barcelona were, Celtic were appalling. Those goals were a mixture of sheer brilliance and criminal defending - Gamboa and De Vries were particularly dreadful. The back five does not work and Rodgers made no effort to change the system and put Barca under any pressure. Celtic need to sharpen up big time or horsings from both City & Gladbach are on the way, even at home. 

For me that was the biggest disappointment tonight, expected a doing could have so different if we had put away the penalty, 7-1 

If I'm being honest this result tonight could probably be the tip of the iceberg imo. Celtic are fucking gash in Europe most times and face losing every game in the group without a point gained and worse still?, without a goal scored.

2 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

If I'm being honest this result tonight could probably be the tip of the iceberg imo. Celtic are fucking gash in Europe most times and face losing every game in the group without a point gained and worse still?, without a goal scored.

Still, you were the last man standing in the Irn Bru Cup.

Just now, hellbhoy said:

What can you do, all we can hope is that a decent manager get enough good players for a season or two to play in Europe before we need to sell them, our run of the mill players will win easily enough in Scotland

2 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Absolute nonsense, a total lack of perspective. With a lot of heart and maybe a bit of luck, we'll score at least one lucky deflection.

Archived