Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

Whether Roberts can play or not will be immaterial, Celtic will get absolutely horsed either way which is extremely pleasing. 

£30m for getting horsed. How much will your team get for also being horsed this season?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They definitely need a creative midfielder, McGregor is never good enough for that level. Probably another defender although Sviatchenko and Toure I think could do a job. Plus obviously not playing Craig Gordon. If they do that I think they have enough that they could get between 4-6 points. Then just have to hope Barca and City hoover up all the points against Borussia M.

Matchday 2,3 and 4 hold the key to any chance for Celtic to progress/ not finish bottom, imo. 

2 Man City (h)

3 Moenchengladbach (h)

4 Moenchengladbach (a)

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Matchday 2,3 and 4 hold the key to any chance for Celtic to progress/ not finish bottom, imo. 

2 Man City (h)

3 Moenchengladbach (h)

4 Moenchengladbach (a)

Where are you getting this?

I got an email from Bet365 today telling me i still had a rogue tenner in a forgotten account. I would put it on these imposters finishing with nul points were it not for the likelihood that come match 5 and 6 the big teams will likely be playing their kids to get first team experience, or treating it as a wee lads' city break from their domestic league - possibly allowing this mob to snatch a draw from somewhere.

Kind of like Barca when celtic "humbled the Spanish Giants with a world-class strike from WonderKid Watt" a couple of years ago. A result that the likes of Davie would reckon is more relevant to their status than that shitfest on Tuesday, or any of the other embarrassments they've entertained us with in recent years.

An entertaining Autumn to come, then.

55 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Don't see us getting any more than 12 points from that group.

Looking forward to the games though :thumsup2

Come on mate, we need to be realistic here.  We're talking about the 10 point mark. ;)

11 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I got an email from Bet365 today telling me i still had a rogue tenner in a forgotten account. I would put it on these imposters finishing with nul points were it not for the likelihood that come match 5 and 6 the big teams will likely be playing their kids to get first team experience, or treating it as a wee lads' city break from their domestic league - possibly allowing this mob to snatch a draw from somewhere.

Kind of like Barca when celtic "humbled the Spanish Giants with a world-class strike from WonderKid Watt" a couple of years ago. A result that the likes of Davie would reckon is more relevant to their status than that shitfest on Tuesday, or any of the other embarrassments they've entertained us with in recent years.

An entertaining Autumn to come, then.

You're right, probably unlikely. You'd be far better lumping your tenner on your team lying down and shipping 10 to your big cousins tomorrow night. :lol:

46 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

They definitely need a creative midfielder, McGregor is never good enough for that level. Probably another defender although Sviatchenko and Toure I think could do a job. Plus obviously not playing Craig Gordon. If they do that I think they have enough that they could get between 4-6 points. Then just have to hope Barca and City hoover up all the points against Borussia M.

I think we could be doing with another fullback, a creative midfielder like you say and a striker.  Even with that, we'll be doing extremely well to get the 4-6 point tally.  What could go in our favour is we have a double header against M'Gladbach, with the first game being at Celtic Park.

8 minutes ago, blanco said:

You're right, probably unlikely. You'd be far better lumping your tenner on your team lying down and shipping 10 to your big cousins tomorrow night. :lol:

While the Rugby Park Irregulars shipping double figures at some point isn't inconceivable, I really don't think that mob are the ones to do it. I'd be more worried if it was Hearts.

Archived