Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
£200k vs £30milli.....nope, I'm not biting.

Enjoy your moment and sucking the boaby of the most elitist and corrupt cartel in football.

Poverty in the DNA and all that [emoji1]

Don't get it

Are you saying you would've been gutted if Aberdeen qualified for the Europa/Champions League as they're elitist?

It was nearly another glorious Scottish/Irish/Palestinian failure :P but they got the job done.

I just hope Celtic don't sign players that will take place of any young Scot now that they have made it.

Will be interesting to see how Celtic do in the group stages. Diddy clubs who reach the big league in this country kept being told not to just make up the numbers and take the money, now it's Celtic who probably don't care if they lose all 6 games because they will be making a fortune. The guys on the radio were saying it's good for Scottish Football (I agree it has its positives) but then kept talking about having at least £20,000,000 more in the bank to blow Rangers away (and therefor other teams) so I don't see how that benefits Aberdeen, Hearts ect.

Would love to see Real Madrid come to Scotland, especially if they were to stay at Mar Hall.

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

£200k vs £30milli.....nope, I'm not biting.

Enjoy your moment and sucking the boaby of the most elitist and corrupt cartel in football.

Poverty in the DNA and all that emoji1.png

Well, it just shows how far we have came.   128 years ago, starving immigrants, nowadays?  Yuppies. ;)

the result last night was more important than the performance,celtic done the job in the first leg,it's good to be back at the top table of european footie,6 games to look forward too win lose or draw,celtic don't control how much money we get for being in the champions league it's just the reward for representing Scottish football as champions of our country,it felt like the ref had a calendar instead of a watch last night                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ,http://CELTIC PLC CELTIC PARK GLASGOW G40 3RE Company No. SC003487 Status: Active Date of Incorporation: 12/04/1897 Note the date of incorporation THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED IBROX STADIUM 150 EDMISTON DRIVE GLASGOW G51 2XD Company No. SC425159 Status: Active Date of Incorporation: 29/05/2012 Note the date of incorporation. Note the difference. 

Seeding pot 1 (by association rank)[38]
Seeding pot 2
Seeding pot 2 or 3 (TBD)
Seeding pot 3
Seeding pot 3 or 4 (TBD)
Seeding pot 4

Whoever gets Atletico in Pot 2 is going to be seething.

This is where the seedlings make a mockery of the tournament.

Leicester City, first time in the CL & hardly set foot in Europe. In fact not played in Europe since 2000/01 & yet they don't have to go through qualifiers and straight into pot 1.

2 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Leicester City, first time in the CL & hardly set foot in Europe. In fact not played in Europe since 2000/01 & yet they don't have to go through qualifiers and straight into pot 1.

Champions of the top countries go in as top seeds. Doesn't matter if you're Yeovil Town, Man United or indeed Leicester. 

Champions of the top countries go in as top seeds. Doesn't matter if you're Yeovil Town, Man United or indeed Leicester. 

I understand that mate but I think the seedlings needs looked at. I don't agree with how this works.

54 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

51 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Champs of the top 7 leagues and the defending Champions are in pot 1. Exactly as it should be.

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

I understand that mate but I think the seedlings needs looked at. I don't agree with how this works.

Given Leicester are the English champions it would be even worse if the other 3 English sides were above them in the seedings, unless one of them was defending it.

It's not a perfect system but this particular point is absolutely correct.

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

It's not necessarily a bad thing for Celtic, you could miss an actual pot 1 team (on ranking points) like Real Madrid and get Leicester or CSKA Moscow instead. Neither would be easy games, but you don't get easy games at this level. On the other hand, the boost of Leicester to pot 1 (rather than pot 4), may well have doomed Celtic to pot 4 rather than pot 3...although other results would need to happen for that complaint to be relevant.

I'm not buying the "clubs should be grateful" pish that they've netted a whopping £200k whilst Celtic stand to earn in excess of £20 Million. Having a team from the league at the highest level of club football is good, but the revenue Celtic earn is only going to widen the gap between them and the rest, damaging the domestic game. 

Similarly, if Dundalk had managed to make the CL last night the League of Ireland would've become more of a joke than it already is - they'd be streets ahead of everyone else. 

51 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

However the seeding was done wouldn't matter a monkey's f**k to you anyway, no matter who you get drawn with you'll be papped out after the group stages.

Archived