Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Greenlantern said:

No explanation needed. I would argue they're not exclusive.

You could be right, none of us can know for sure.

A Scottish league that is competing in European football regularly and also a competitive league domestically (between more than 2 teams) is something I'd love to see.  However, we're not in a perfect world and I do believe as things stand if Celtic qualify for the CL, regardless of whether we qualify for the EL group stages, it only serves to widen the gap, despite the parachute payments etc that trickle down to other clubs in the league.

You could be right, none of us can know for sure.

A Scottish league that is competing in European football regularly and also a competitive league domestically (between more than 2 teams) is something I'd love to see.  However, we're not in a perfect world and I do believe as things stand if Celtic qualify for the CL, regardless of whether we qualify for the EL group stages, it only serves to widen the gap, despite the parachute payments etc that trickle down to other clubs in the league.

And as a talented footballer, before i decide on joining an English league 1 or 2 plodder, I'd seriously consider signing for an Aberdeen side who are challenging, winning domestic cups and experiencing european football.

Dreadful so far. This is bordering on the last 10 minutes of the last game in the group stages of the world cup where both teams are playing out the draw so they both progress to the next round.

On one hand I want to see Aberdeen and Hearts challenge for the title, if both the Old Firm do well in Europe the financial gap will widen. It's also a good point and laugh opportunity when they get pumped.

On the other hand I want to see our best Scottish players play regular European football at the highest level. Tierney looks a real talent and I'd love to see him develop against the best. I want to see the National Team do well again, does that mean needing Celtic to qualify for the Champions League? Probably.

Archived