Trump

scottsdad

A lot of the British Muslims who went to Syria went at the time Cameron was asking permission from Parliament to attack Syrian Government forces . I doubt anyone knows how many joined the "nice" anti Assad forces or the nasty ones, or changed groups later on, but a lot went to back the same cause as the UK government wished to support.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump has today said that abortion should be made illegal and woman should be punished for doing it.

The Republicans have some weird principles.

That's pretty much put the end to his presidential bid, I would suggest. He's now made himself utterly unelectable.

That's pretty much put the end to his presidential bid, I would suggest. He's now made himself utterly unelectable.

Nah tyhat's not true at all, he does things like this to get elected. He espouses whatever position his focus groups etc tell him will win votes with the nutters.

This sort of thing will have been well researched, completely planned and will go down very well with the voters he is targeting. He may be many things but he is not stupid, that was hardly a slip of the tongue.

This is from Fox News

Does Trump really want to win?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/03/30/does-trump-really-want-to-win.html?intcmp=hpbt1

This is a quote from the article.

Trump is presently getting 37 percent of Republican voters.

His biggest deficiency is among Republican women where the latest Wall Street Journal poll shows that

47 percent of Republican women say they will not vote for Trump if he is the nominee.

This is from Fox News

Does Trump really want to win?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/03/30/does-trump-really-want-to-win.html?intcmp=hpbt1

This is a quote from the article.

Trump is presently getting 37 percent of Republican voters.

His biggest deficiency is among Republican women where the latest Wall Street Journal poll shows that

47 percent of Republican women say they will not vote for Trump if he is the nominee.

I've never thought he does. He's spent much of his campaign hosting rallies and press conferences from his own buildings, getting free advertising, saying outrageous stuff to get his face plastered all over the media to satisfy his ego, but I think he knows he'd be bored rigid as President having to back track and make compromises all over the place, and may even have the self awareness that he'd be crap at the job. What he may have done wrong is making his brand name toxic to anyone who can afford it.

I'd say Muslims should be signing up in record numbers to join the British Army given these facts.

Four of my great grandparents came to the US from Italy. My grandpa and my great uncles told me that there was it was made clear by their parents that they'd be first in line to join the war against Italy on the morning of their 18th birthday.

Given the choice, I'd certainly rather send my children to do battle against Italy rather than Germany or Japan. Far less dangerous.

This is an interesting claim.

Whilst most Italians didn't want to be in the war they didn't hold a grudge against Italy itself.

At best I'd say you were being fanciful.

From what I was told the Italian-American community of recent immigrants was very supportive of the US war effort. And as I've mentioned before, immigrants and the children of immigrants have always been heavily involved in US war efforts. If a new group started coming to America and did not behave in this way I would wonder why.

Nah tyhat's not true at all, he does things like this to get elected. He espouses whatever position his focus groups etc tell him will win votes with the nutters.

This sort of thing will have been well researched, completely planned and will go down very well with the voters he is targeting. He may be many things but he is not stupid, that was hardly a slip of the tongue.

All the major pro-life groups and the other Republican candidates are condemning him.

I'm kind of on the fence about abortion. I'd say I'm more on the pro-choice side, but with more restrictions than we currently have. But I seriously doubt Donald Trump really cares one way or the other on this issue. No matter what comes out of his mouth about abortion, I'd really doubt he'd make a big push and waste political capital on the subject. Also, the President has little input on abortion. Even if the Supreme Court reversed Roe v. Wade the issue would go back to the states. There's zero chance any Congress would get a federal abortion ban passed, and there's zero chance the courts would uphold a federal ban if somehow Congress did pass such a law. I get why people who feel passionately one way or the other on abortion would vote on the issue in state elections. But I fail to see why anybody would prioritize abortion when voting in federal elections.

I think I've just about made up my mind. Trump is an utter fanny. So is anyone who votes for him. If this is the best the American right wing has then that's maybe not a bad thing because it means that they're absolutely fucked.

All the major pro-life groups and the other Republican candidates are condemning him.

I'm kind of on the fence about abortion. I'd say I'm more on the pro-choice side, but with more restrictions than we currently have. But I seriously doubt Donald Trump really cares one way or the other on this issue. No matter what comes out of his mouth about abortion, I'd really doubt he'd make a big push and waste political capital on the subject. Also, the President has little input on abortion. Even if the Supreme Court reversed Roe v. Wade the issue would go back to the states. There's zero chance any Congress would get a federal abortion ban passed, and there's zero chance the courts would uphold a federal ban if somehow Congress did pass such a law. I get why people who feel passionately one way or the other on abortion would vote on the issue in state elections. But I fail to see why anybody would prioritize abortion when voting in federal elections.

Why is the next Supreme Court judge such a big issue?

From what I was told the Italian-American community of recent immigrants was very supportive of the US war effort.

I think that's entirely right but it's not what you said in the post I quoted.

I'll take that as confirmation that your claim was indeed just being fancyful.

He's clarified his position on abortion. He now says that it's the person carrying out the abortion procedure not the pregnant woman who would face punishment.

Spin.

Yeah, he knows he fucked up on that particular point.

Regardless, any candidate in any party who says they are Pro-life is going to get a rough ride from a large portion of the media, which is what has happened. Not sure how much of an effect this will have on him, Pro-lifers have been in office before and didn't (couldn't if they tried) make abortion illegal.

Here's the full segment rather than the edited versions that are doing the rounds, start at 9:38:

I think I've just about made up my mind. Trump is an utter fanny. So is anyone who votes for him. If this is the best the American right wing has then that's maybe not a bad thing because it means that they're absolutely fucked.

They certainty don't have anyone at the moment.

Who was the last good GOP president?

Reagan probably. The last 2 were a disaster.

Archived