St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched the interview with the Saints chairman, "10 year plan" he suggests. Does he really believe the next manager will get a 10 year contract? Does he really believe the fans will wait 10 years? With a chairman spouting drivel like that Saints are doomed.

It's a 10 year plan in the sense that the outlined agreement for moving to a majority fan ownership is in 10 years (by the chairman selling his shares to the supporters group). That's probably not clear from the interview, he's not promising champions league football in that time or anything quite so outlandish.

On 24/09/2016 at 21:33, JessieField said:

Just watched the interview with the Saints chairman, "10 year plan" he suggests. Does he really believe the next manager will get a 10 year contract? Does he really believe the fans will wait 10 years? With a chairman spouting drivel like that Saints are doomed.

The club can have a 10-year plan. It doesn't mean they need to have the same manager in charge for a decade. I think it's a good idea to have a system in place and then you can switch head coach or players when needed. It's what Southampton do and is partly the reason behind their success in recent years, despite losing managers and players every summer.

I have a 10 year plan. Only problem is it started 20 years ago.

Don't think Saints will be in real trouble, do we?

Surely us and the Rock-stars, with maybe a dash of Pars and Saints to spice it up.

Too early, the relegation express still has a few stations to go through I think.

IMG_1474883398.614366.jpg.910cbe60284954

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Don't think Saints will be in real trouble, do we?

Well, it's safe to say the next appointment is a big one.

We could still challenge for top four, if the new guy finds a magic formula and clicks with the squad. Or we could continue to be rank rotten and find ourselves heading to a lot of new grounds next season.

I suspect the truth will be somewhere in the middle, and we're heading for another 6th place finish.

I certainly didn't think we'd be seeing this thread being bumped at the end of September, when we were signing the likes of Sutton and Hardie in the summer. We are fucking shite :lol:

On 9/26/2016 at 10:33, Poet of the Macabre said:

The club can have a 10-year plan. It doesn't mean they need to have the same manager in charge for a decade. I think it's a good idea to have a system in place and then you can switch head coach or players when needed. It's what Southampton do and is partly the reason behind their success in recent years, despite losing managers and players every summer.

This.

Leicester are another good example of it, Liverpool as well to some extent, it also gives managers a much clearer indication of what's expected of them and also reduces the risk of one manager completely fucking up a club. 

Sustainable finances, smart youth recruitment and coaching and intelligent transfers are much more important than who is in the dugout in terms of long-term success and growth.

Archived