St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Nah. Some of us are still here and giving credit where it's due (through gritted teeth obviously :rolleyes:).

To be fair, you, like the majority of the Morton fans are a decent poster. It's half dozen dafties that we await the return of...

Yup. Credit where credit is due. It's been one hell of a turnaround. 

Out of the bottom pile I'd still prefer if St Mirren were relegated, not because I have anything against them but because they'll be in a much stronger position next season. 

That said, even if they do finish 9th they'll fucking stroll the play offs. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Yup. Credit where credit is due. It's been one hell of a turnaround. 

Out of the bottom pile I'd still prefer if St Mirren were relegated, not because I have anything against them but because they'll be in a much stronger position next season. 

That said, even if they do finish 9th they'll fucking stroll the play offs. 

You think Dunfermline will be fighting relegation next season, Jimmy? I'd like to think you guys will build on a decent 1st season back in the Championship and push for the play offs. No?

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, you, like the majority of the Morton fans are a decent poster. It's half dozen dafties that we await the return of...

Imagine you'll be waiting a while. Some of them have probably/ hopefully deleted their accounts. 

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

You think Dunfermline will be fighting relegation next season, Jimmy? I'd like to think you guys will build on a decent 1st season back in the Championship and push for the play offs. No?

I'd suggest that both St Mirren and Dunfermline will be nearer the promotion play offs next season. Hence why out of all the sides I'd've preferred the Saints relegated. 

As I said above there's no chance of them going down now tbh. They'll maul any of the league 1 sides if they happen to finish 9th. 

1 hour ago, Tamhain said:

Although he won't get it, Jack Ross has surely been the manager of the season in Scotland. He totally rebuilt a honking Alloa team last summer and led them to 14 wins in 18 matches (punting Ross County, Caley and Raith out the cup) before his move. He has since had the same effect in Paisley. Get a good result next week and I'd fully expect you lot to be title challengers next season. 

Manager of the the year for under 4 months is pushing it, late January till he got a tune out of the squad tho, I will guess it all fitted into place after beating Dundee in the cup.

He has shown he has been able to build a squad and get it gelling in the time required, that said, it can all still go Pete Tong for the play off place, tho they wont lose them.

He has done a fantastic job but he has been there from October

1 minute ago, Jimmy85 said:

I'd suggest that both St Mirren and Dunfermline will be nearer the promotion play offs next season. Hence why out of all the sides I'd've preferred the Saints relegated. 

As I said above there's no chance of them going down now tbh. They'll maul any of the league 1 sides if they happen to finish 9th. 

Makes sense. Next season should be a cracker in the Championship with +/-6 Clubs eyeing the title.

Ladies and gentlemen, we regret to inform you this service has been delayed for a minimum of two weeks. We are working hard on the complete cancellation of this service but, rest assured, whatever happens we're still better at trains than ScotRail.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we regret to inform you this service has been delayed for a minimum of two weeks. We are working hard on the complete cancellation of this service but, rest assured, whatever happens we're still better at trains than ScotRail.

Stu, you're a journalist of sorts aren't you? Do you know who it was who reported the 2nd goal as a McManus OG? Mallan's free kick was clearly on target and although there was a massive deflection it should count as his goal and not an OG, don't you think?

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Stu, you're a journalist of sorts aren't you? Do you know who it was who reported the 2nd goal as a McManus OG? Mallan's free kick was clearly on target and although there was a massive deflection it should count as his goal and not an OG, don't you think?

Thanks for that :lol: It's usually the Press Association that file details of goalscorers, red cards and that's what's used by Soccer Saturday, BBC scores etc for their data. Most of the reports will say it was Mallan's goal but the results sheets with the scorers will probably say OG as they'll use the PA data.

17 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Manager of the the year for under 4 months is pushing it, late January till he got a tune out of the squad tho, I will guess it all fitted into place after beating Dundee in the cup.

He has shown he has been able to build a squad and get it gelling in the time required, that said, it can all still go Pete Tong for the play off place, tho they wont lose them.

He has done a fantastic job but he has been there from October

I was adding in what he done in the first 4 months with my mob. He's rebuilt 2 teams since last summer and transformed both. Winning the first ten games of season with a team he'd signed the majority of weeks beforehand. The fact he swapped teams counts against him, but what he's done at both is outstanding. Here's hoping he's at the Indodrill as a spectator only in a couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Yes as already said you aren't one of the fans I'm speaking about. emoji106.png good luck In the playoffs.

Might be a shrewd move from Morton, coasting for a quarter of a season and taking on 2 extra games, time will tell.

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Thanks for that :lol: It's usually the Press Association that file details of goalscorers, red cards and that's what's used by Soccer Saturday, BBC scores etc for their data. Most of the reports will say it was Mallan's goal but the results sheets with the scorers will probably say OG as they'll use the PA data.

The club will have access to the referee report from tomorrow (may be Tuesday given the bank holiday) which will give a definitive answer. Or of course they may just have asked the referee begore he left the ground. We do on any contentious goals.

Makes sense. Next season should be a cracker in the Championship with +/-6 Clubs eyeing the title.

You'd have Falkirk and Dundee Utd (dependent if either go up through the playoffs) along with Inverness and now St Mirren going for the title/playoffs, if St Mirren hadn't pulled of this turnaround I'd have been confident we could have at least top four but I'm less sure now, and that's going on the hope Morton continue to absolutely crash and don't challenge.

Can only hope that St Mirren lose Morgan and Mallan and don't adequately replace them, like Jimmy I was hoping for them to be relegated, I don't care for them either way but they'll be a pain next season.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

You'd have Falkirk and Dundee Utd (dependent if either go up through the playoffs) along with Inverness and now St Mirren going for the title/playoffs, if St Mirren hadn't pulled of this turnaround I'd have been confident we could have at least top four but I'm less sure now, and that's going on the hope Morton continue to absolutely crash and don't challenge.

Can only hope that St Mirren lose Morgan and Mallan and don't adequately replace them, like Jimmy I was hoping for them to be relegated, I don't care for them either way but they'll be a pain next season.

I think it's a dead cert they'll both be on their way, but they'll both attract decent fees and, based on January, I have faith that Jack Ross can spend it very wisely.

Of course, a 10+ goal midfielder is hard to find, but such is life as a club at our level, as you know. Massive squad overhauls virtually every summer are now standard.

28 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think it's a dead cert they'll both be on their way, but they'll both attract decent fees and, based on January, I have faith that Jack Ross can spend it very wisely.

Of course, a 10+ goal midfielder is hard to find, but such is life as a club at our level, as you know. Massive squad overhauls virtually every summer are now standard.

As I've posted previously, I'm not convinced they'll leave unless it's Saints that want to cash in, they're both young guys with an opportunity of playing in a side that could be absolutely flying next season, there's every chance that that will trump cash and a seat on an other clubs bench.

I was adding in what he done in the first 4 months with my mob. He's rebuilt 2 teams since last summer and transformed both. Winning the first ten games of season with a team he'd signed the majority of weeks beforehand. The fact he swapped teams counts against him, but what he's done at both is outstanding. Here's hoping he's at the Indodrill as a spectator only in a couple of weeks.

Jack Ross has done a great job re-building the squad in January however Brendan Rodgers fully deserves manager of the year. I don't care what funds are available to have gone so long unbeaten and a potentially win a treble, is a tremendous achievement.

Archived