St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

The greatest comeback in Scottish football history is almost complete. If that takes a playoff so be it but either way everyone will need to doff their caps when championship status is retained. All the Morton gum bumping will be in vain and next season normal service will be resumed. All praise the Saints, Scotland's comeback kings.

Given we provided the manager who has engineered this renaissance - at some cost to ourselves - it would be very poor form indeed for you to also deny us promotion. As such, please ensure you get something next week and we can all remain friends.

If it does come to that - and there is a lot of football to be played before it could - then bring it on.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meh. I'm fairly unworried if we do. In fact, the way our form's been, it's almost a shame if the season ends next Saturday.

This. Can't make Easter Rd next week so a small part of me actually won't mind if we are in the play offs just so I can watch us again. Today was the best day I've had at the new stadium. Atmosphere was great - credit to the guys who organised the singing section and the drum. I could easily go through the whole team today and praise each and every one of them - just an outstanding team performance. Like to mention Jack Baird tho - boy has taken a bit of stick this season but since coming back into the team he's been rock solid.

43 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Given we provided the manager who has engineered this renaissance - at some cost to ourselves - it would be very poor form indeed for you to also deny us promotion. As such, please ensure you get something next week and we can all remain friends.

If it does come to that - and there is a lot of football to be played before it could - then bring it on.

See, this is the thing. Confident as I am that we'd survive the playoffs, I want Alloa up. I want Jim Goodwin to grace us with his presence next season.

I was tempted to lock this thread in a toys out the pram manner, but the Saints fans are absolutely granted the right to launch Greggy faces all over da joint.

I would have bit your hand off if you offered me a play off place mid January but now that we've achieved it, I want more. Big ask next week but we're are more than capable. COYS[emoji209]

7 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

I was tempted to lock this thread in a toys out the pram manner, but the Saints fans are absolutely granted the right to launch Greggy faces all over da joint.

No Greggys just yet mate. Still got plenty of work to do...imagine the egg on our faces if we were on here gloating like f**k and yet still ended up in League 1? 

Looking back through this thread even as far back as page 12 is hilarious though. Whilst several of us Buddies were frequenting the thread regularly and taking our medicine when things were at their shitiest, it's nice to see that's not been reciprocated by 90% of those dishing out the abuse who have now gone into full Lord Lucan mode and have been for several weeks. :lol:

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

No Greggys just yet mate. Still got plenty of work to do...imagine the egg on our faces if we were on here gloating like f**k and yet still ended up in League 1? 

I'd be very surprised if you do go down. Ross deserves all the credit for a fantastic job. Yes it's been aided by Raith and Ayr being shite but to claw back 19 points on Raith is a fantastic achievement. If you do end up in the playoff I imagine you'll win quite comfortably. 

The way St.mirren have been playing Id have you down as title contenders next season. The 4-1 game was probably the best performance from a team I've seen at cappielow although you did catch us at a bad time (which has continued). Can only see Ross improving the team again next season.

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Looking back through this thread even as far back as page 12 is hilarious though. Whilst several of us Buddies were frequenting the thread regularly and taking our medicine when things were at their shitiest, it's nice to see that's not been reciprocated by 90% of those dishing out the abuse who have now gone into full Lord Lucan mode and have been for several weeks. :lol:

Our match threads have been very quiet recently as well...

18 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The fans who were giving it large earlier in the season are like....

A68349AF-029C-4502-9B56-D8692F1451F1-2467-00000138C8DCA4C4.jpeg

tbf, Saints were absolutely dire until Ross shuffled the pack, I'm just surprised that Saints aren't safe already.

41 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

tbf, Saints were absolutely dire until Ross shuffled the pack, I'm just surprised that Saints aren't safe already.

It's a tough league this year at the bottom, mostly due to the fact the top four teams aren't very good. You guys look like you are going down with at least 33 points. That's pretty rough, last season that would have had you clear of the playoffs.

Although he won't get it, Jack Ross has surely been the manager of the season in Scotland. He totally rebuilt a honking Alloa team last summer and led them to 14 wins in 18 matches (punting Ross County, Caley and Raith out the cup) before his move. He has since had the same effect in Paisley. Get a good result next week and I'd fully expect you lot to be title challengers next season. 

Certainly bottom half with Ayr and Morton, delighted they're in this league.

You calm your jets sunshine however bad we are we'll finish above you i'm sure of this :whistle

Called it sunshine [emoji23] hopefully the God awful Ton fans that this thread generated will now disappear. To be fair they've been quiet recently. I assume new usernames.

20 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Called it sunshine emoji23.png hopefully the God awful Ton fans that this thread generated will now disappear. To be fair they've been quiet recently. I assume new usernames.

Nah. Some of us are still here and giving credit where it's due (through gritted teeth obviously :rolleyes:).

Archived