St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/01/2017 at 17:55, Shandon Par said:

Today I'm taking a break from following my favourite team and am instead examining the fortunes of my late father's local team. I'm going to drop this spanner off the bridge and see if it plummets downwards as quickly as Raith Rovers.

p01gmrcp.jpg

p01gmqy2.jpg

As I suspected, even the forces of gravity weren't able to match the vertiginous descent of the Rovers. 

Meh. I'm fairly unworried if we do. In fact, the way our form's been, it's almost a shame if the season ends next Saturday.

Over two legs and with anything close to their current form, I think St Mirren would comfortably pass any of the League One playoff sides tbh.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Still every chance of St Mirren winding up in the play-offs.

True. But at one point, as this thread demonstrates, everyone thought we were down. Raith were once 19 points in front of us and we are now 2 in front of them - a quite remarkable turnaround. We still have a final obstacle to overcome but we achieved objective 1 which was no automatic relegation.

15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Over two legs and with anything close to their current form, I think St Mirren would comfortably pass any of the League One playoff sides tbh.

Agree with this. I think Raith could be the team that will struggle if they end up in the play offs. 

Nothing against Raith, but if it were them against, for example, Alloa in the play off final I'd want Alloa up. Would give us a better chance of survival again next year.

24 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

True. But at one point, as this thread demonstrates, everyone thought we were down. Raith were once 19 points in front of us and we are now 2 in front of them - a quite remarkable turnaround. We still have a final obstacle to overcome but we achieved objective 1 which was no automatic relegation.

Absolutely.

I agree too with those saying that St Mirren would be likely to come through the play-offs successfully.

It just struck me that for several weeks now, St Mirren have looked likely to escape.  Obviously, they had a great result today, but on paper, they face the hardest game possible next week, while the other side with a stake has the easiest.

That's all.

The greatest comeback in Scottish football history is almost complete. If that takes a playoff so be it but either way everyone will need to doff their caps when championship status is retained. All the Morton gum bumping will be in vain and next season normal service will be resumed. All praise the Saints, Scotland's comeback kings.

Archived