St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

Indeed. I recall a tear stained rant by a St Mirren fan on here early in Jack's time about how he had relegated Alloa and was now doing the same in Paisley. Showed a total lack of awareness of what happened at Alloa and also of the mess he inherited at St Mirren. He was absolutely brilliant for Alloa and was a massive loss to us. Had we been able to keep him I very much doubt that Livingston would have won League 1. I always expected him to keep St Mirren up and he will be aiming to really kick on next season. Really hope that St Mirren finish the job now as I really don't fancy the prospect of meeting them in the play-offs. 

Lex still won't admit he was wrong about starting a thread about sacking JR.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lex is one of my favourite posters on here. He is literally always wrong. It's actually an absolutely incredible talent. 

On 19/11/2016 at 19:09, Lex said:

Said before the game we would be on life support if we lost again. Unsurprisingly we have, and as a result we are. We simply need a miracle to stay up now. A miracle which needs to start with major investment in the squad in January, which I doubt will happen.

Jack Ross is doing the same to us as he did to Alloa last year. He took over the Wasps when they were bottom but just a couple of points behind 9th. They quickly became isolated in 10th and were then relegated by a mile. Just another case of history repeating here.

Thats him lost his first 5 league games now, the worst start to a St Mirren managerial career ever. We were bad under Rae, but this is far worse. He should never have been appointed, this isn't solely his fault by any means, but his appointment wasn't the answer to our problems. As we can clearly see.

League 1 here we come, some decent looking away days down there, every cloud and that.

[mention=2169]Lex[/mention] is one of my favourite posters on here. He is literally always wrong. It's actually an absolutely incredible talent. 

He is fast becoming as ridiculed on black and white army as he is on here.

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

@Lex is one of my favourite posters on here. He is literally always wrong. It's actually an absolutely incredible talent. 

His problem is that he adores Gus and found it extremely difficult to hide his petted lip when Jack got the nod from Gordon Scott to take helm. 

A wee bit of humility and the admission from him that GLS made the correct decision in appointing Jack wouldn't go a miss. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. 

Still not fully out of the woods yet. The games remaining against ourselves and Utd fighting for 2nd, Raith fighting for their lives and altho it should be party party at Hibs, they won't want beat and sometimes the pressure off scenario can make a team flow. I'd say best bet is if they are in the cup final but that could be worse, fringe players playing for a jersey.

P.s I did predict St mirren to finish off the bottom at worst after the Loy signing, I was also still convinced seeing your last visit against us at home, well the first 45. I'd just warn caution with the remaining fixtures with no games against the nowhere to go clubs Dunfermline and QoS albeit Hibs is, they will have a full house and trophy on that day.

I do reckon you'll do to Raith what you done to Ayr, which may prove to be enough

12 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Enjoy it, it's as good as it ever going to get for you

Imagine what it'd be like if your best season in three decades involved being pumped 4-1 by St Mirren's worst ever team :lol:

Soapless and, literally, hopeless.

17 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

His problem is that he adores Gus and found it extremely difficult to hide his petted lip when Jack got the nod from Gordon Scott to take helm. 

A wee bit of humility and the admission from him that GLS made the correct decision in appointing Jack wouldn't go a miss. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. 

He wasn't the only one to be fair. You could see what Ross was trying to do early on. He wasn't helped by some horrendous mistakes in the team. 

I think I suggested that Ross should stay on if we went down and was accused of basing it on 'blind faith' despite what he did at Alloa. 

27 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Still not fully out of the woods yet. The games remaining against ourselves and Utd fighting for 2nd, Raith fighting for their lives and altho it should be party party at Hibs, they won't want beat and sometimes the pressure off scenario can make a team flow. I'd say best bet is if they are in the cup final but that could be worse, fringe players playing for a jersey.

P.s I did predict St mirren to finish off the bottom at worst after the Loy signing, I was also still convinced seeing your last visit against us at home, well the first 45. I'd just warn caution with the remaining fixtures with no games against the nowhere to go clubs Dunfermline and QoS albeit Hibs is, they will have a full house and trophy on that day.

I do reckon you'll do to Raith what you done to Ayr, which may prove to be enough

Our three best performances have been against the clubs fighting for promotion.

14 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

He wasn't the only one to be fair.

He is however, apart from Lord Looney/Lookatme, the only one who hasn't uttered one word of praise fro Ross.

According to him, it's all down to his unrequited love Stevie Mallan.:wub:

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Jack Ross and his players deserve huge plaudits for how they have turned the season around.  Truly magnificent effort considering where they were in the league at one point.

It's totally astonishing really. He lost his first 5 league games and since we lost to Falkirk at the end of January we have played 10 league games winning 6 and drawing 3 with just the odd loss in Kirkcaldy. Scored 22 goals and conceded 10 so doing it in a decent manner too. A win v Raith and one other from the remaining 3 games should do it now. Saturday can't come quick enough it is gunuinely a pleasure to watch right now.

We were bottom of the League in September and by mid November we had accrued a total of 4 points. I think averaging about 9 points behind everyone else in the first half of the season. We now have 34 points and over the last 11 games would be League leaders with only 1 defeat during that time. Amazing turnabout indeed. And yet some St Mirren fans cannot give JR any credit.

Archived