St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

We'll just have to agree to disagree at who we think is a 'good player'. Strangely in answer to my question you identified one player outright as a 'good player'. That makes 3 'good players' in the team.
Irvine: was terrible at left back under Rae and Ross. Rae had signed no left sided players so Jack had none to field.

To be fair to Rae, (I won't defend him too much, as I believe he's a terrible manager) Gary Irvine was pretty much converted into a LB with ourselves and had his 2 best seasons during his whole time with the club in that position.

I wouldn't blame a manager having signed him for the lb role even if he was right footed as he was exceptional at LB for us and was only released due to time served and that we were using him as a utility back up player for across the back line.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair to Rae, (I won't defend him too much, as I believe he's a terrible manager) Gary Irvine was pretty much converted into a LB with ourselves and had his 2 best seasons during his whole time with the club in that position.

I wouldn't blame a manager having signed him for the lb role even if he was right footed as he was exceptional at LB for us and was only released due to time served and that we were using him as a utility back up player for across the back line.

Irvine has now turned into a very good player in the right back position but he was very poor at left back. He constantly lost wingers going down the outside and always passed inside with his right foot when going forward - never down the line. I'll take your word for it that he was a decent left back for you but he never showed that with us however now that Ross has signed a left back, (Eckersley), Irvine is looking far more assured in the team. The beef we had with Rae was every defender was right footed making us vulnerable on the left side.

Every time the Paisley hoards think about getting off this train to let the Ayr fans on, Aye pull out a result. I think now the Squaller will be on this train heading firmly towards the seaside

Very quiet from the tail of the bank injectors recently. Possibly due to the only train hitting the buffers being their championship express. We are going to fucking destroy you a week on Tuesday. Where's the Portillo burst bubble gif ???

Every time the Paisley hoards think about getting off this train to let the Ayr fans on, Aye pull out a result. I think now the Squaller will be on this train heading firmly towards the seaside

But not today.

They'll be along in a minute to boast of a big crowd they had in League Two that one time.

Oh we could think of a lot more occasions than that but crowd wanking doesn't get you anywhere.

Archived