St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/18/2017 at 22:08, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm wondering which would be more entertaining now.

• If St. Mirren had remained dreadful the entire league season and were relegated already
  • If St. Mirren manage to claw their way back, giving their fans hope, and still finishing bottom
  • If St. Mirren make it to the play offs then get sent down by some part time mob

Mind you if their current form continues it means f**k all. They'll end up in 7th or 8th

More entertaining would probably be Morton getting overcome with excitement at the prospect of a possible title win with good results in their double header against Hibs, then little old Saints coming along on April 11th to send your title hopes back into the gutter...

Yeah, that'd be more entertaining.

:angel

38 minutes ago, Soctty said:

More entertaining would probably be Morton getting overcome with excitement at the prospect of a possible title win with good results in their double header against Hibs, then little old Saints coming along on April 11th to send your title hopes back into the gutter...

By the time we play Morton on the 11th April they could in theory go top off the league with a win (if their double header against Hibs goes well) and we could in theory go 8th with a win (if our double header against Ayr and Dumbarton goes well). Tuesday night at cappielow.. atmosphere would be fantastic. Absolute scenes if there was a late winner for either team.

21 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

By the time we play Morton on the 11th April they could in theory go top off the league with a win (if their double header against Hibs goes well) and we could in theory go 8th with a win (if our double header against Ayr and Dumbarton goes well). Tuesday night at cappielow.. atmosphere would be fantastic. Absolute scenes if there was a late winner for either team.

Indeed, hence my post... ;)

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

You spelt "highly unlikely" wrong.

21 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Naw, come on, you're still in with a shot. Don't give up on the title yet.

I've got no expectations of getting near winning the title but who knows with this squad. Falkirk, Hibs and ourselves will all drop points between now and the end of the season. I'd be delighted with second.

On Wed Mar 22 2017 at 11:33, irvine_buddie said:

Late drama in a Renfrewshire derby? Never catch on IMO.

On 3/22/2017 at 14:10, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You spelt "highly unlikely" wrong.

I did indeed. Morton bottling it at home to Dunfermline meaning they'll be "highly unlikely" to have any chance of a title win come the time we play you...

Archived