Sons v Wasps

microdave

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see our younger players had there shooting boots on. McCallums got to start Sat, kirky will be in with a shout aswell he was clinical. Passmarks for everyone today good performance even when Alloa pressed us we mopped it up well. On to the next one.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Everyone played well, with a few standouts and we looked brimming with confidence. Wright, Gallagher and Cawley were superb, really hope Wright is fit enough to make the St Mirren game, he's been excellent. Gallagher looks a different player when he plays on the right, solid display. Cawley made up for Saturday's poor performance with a good showing tonight. Absolutely blistering from Kirky when he came on, I'd love to see him do that more often. 2 goals and an assist within 10 minutes.

Special mention for McCallum who worked tirelessly up front and scored a peach after a minute. Thought he faded a bit towards the end but I was impressed with him. He gave us everything Craig doesn't, lots of running and dragging defenders out of position. Good to see Watters grab a goal as well.

Much better from us, confidence looks to be growing. I just hope we can carry our good form into Saturday.

Just knew we would win that comfortably. Been saying to folk all day I thought we would. Great that we done so with a few changes made. The Don was great first half and faded towards the end. But makes such a difference having the variation up front. Someone with pace and direct play. Delighted for Kirky coming on to show just what he is capable of. Very decent performance from everyone tonight.

I love Fraser Wright.

:( Absolutely gutted I missed that tonight, am I right in thinking the highlights will be available on the Sky Sports website soon?

Wanted Kirkpatrick to start for weeks and delighted that he managed to make a pretty major impact tonight, McCallum is just #Goalz and it was good to see Waters getting his first senior goal as well.

Glad to hear that Gal has found a position at last, my brother said we effectively played 3-5-2 with him and Docherty as wing backs, was that the case?

Rocky Chopra coming on and then being subbed :( That's the most embarrassing thing in football, seems like just yesterday he was banging them in*, in the Premier League

*Slight exaggeration

Edit: Noticed it took us 12 minutes to score three this time instead of 8, concerning.

Double edit: Just seen the attendance :lol::lol::lol:

Triple edit: The Don's goal was officially 12 seconds, has there ever been one quicker?

Amazing performance from the team, very happy with Cawley's, Lindsay's and McCallum's performances.

I reckon young McCallum should be getting started with a performance like that. Was always chasing down dead balls for us up top and what a finish too, so early on.

Steady, boys. Any of us could've told you that you wouldn't get an easier game than that this season.

A question that's been bugging me for months - how the f**k did we beat you in September? :huh:

On way to game I made comment that McCollum would score as if to send a message to the 2managers who leave him out at every opportunity.

I thought Cawley was great tonight but my mom was Lindsay .

Not wishing to be negative but Alloa are rank rotten

Archived