Wick Academy

Whitburn Vale

Congratulations to Wick Academy on winning the North of Scotland cup,their first senior trophy,at Brora's Dudgeon Park today,thumping Nairn County 6-2 and well done to the 1000+ Wick fans who travelled down.

Got to agree, good side lurking in the shadows of Brora etc without much recognition.

Surprised it's only their 1st senior trophy but given their location I reckon it's been difficult attracting players over the years.

Best of luck next week in the Scottish.

Got to agree, good side lurking in the shadows of Brora etc without much recognition. Surprised it's only their 1st senior trophy but given their location I reckon it's been difficult attracting players over the years.Best of luck next week in the Scottish.

Totally agree newky,they've been quietly building away these last few years,while teams like brora,formartine have been getting all the headlines.They have only been in the SHFL since the 94/95 season and have previously lost 2 North of Scotland cup finals to Forres and Nairn and last season's League cup final to Cove,so it's been fourth time lucky for them. Must say I was impressed by their support when I visited Harmsworth park in August,I know they've been backed by big supports at all 4 finals,apparently they had 1500 fans out of a crowd at the final of 1800.

• 5 months later...

Archived