Accies v Dons - Sunday 22nd November

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF Jack is injured I'd stick Shinnie in midfield on the basis that Considine is a better leftback than McLean is a holding midfielder. Hayes wasn't exactly stunted going forward with Consie behind him last season, and should be able to make an impact even with a more defensive player behind him.

Derek, just listen to me sometimes.

Today shows how important Jack really is to our team. You only notice him when he's not there. We desperately need another midfielder in January. If Robson can't be trusted to play when Jack's out then he shouldn't be on the books. Simple as that. Flood is an option when we want to shut up shop, but can't play on his own which is effectively what he was doing today. McLean isn't a midfielder he's an attacker, no10 and Derek needs to realise this.

Well at times I wonder where we would be if we actually could score more goals. We would have won the game if we had a more potent strike force. Aberdeen looked good on the break but really at home we should be winning these games.

Penalty? From the reply angle I saw watching on BT sport it looked so but need to see other angles first. Bt Sport had to go some boring German game and didn't even look into the incident in the analysis.

Trying to work out how much the Dons players really, really wanted to win the game???

Bit peeved at the lack of pace Aberdeen played at. Wasn't that long ago they tore a good Hearts side to bits with really impressive but lightning quick football. If the lack of form is partly down to confidence then some players need to have a word with themselves.

Hamilton deserved the point. Think the ref got the Logan penalty claim right. Reckon Imrie a tad offside but can see why it wasn't given so not many complaints.

Suppose I should be a wee bit happy with an away point at a ground we got gubbed on last season and no injuries on that plastic park.

Well at times I wonder where we would be if we actually could score more goals. We would have won the game if we had a more potent strike force. Aberdeen looked good on the break but really at home we should be winning these games.

Penalty? From the reply angle I saw watching on BT sport it looked so but need to see other angles first. Bt Sport had to go some boring German game and didn't even look into the incident in the analysis.

You've a hard neck calling any game boring after that.

Derek, just listen to me sometimes.

Today shows how important Jack really is to our team. You only notice him when he's not there. We desperately need another midfielder in January. If Robson can't be trusted to play when Jack's out then he shouldn't be on the books. Simple as that. Flood is an option when we want to shut up shop, but can't play on his own which is effectively what he was doing today. McLean isn't a midfielder he's an attacker, no10 and Derek needs to realise this.

Spot on. For all the stick Jack has received from the morons within our support he was sorely missed today. His role in the team is massively understated, he's not the type of midfielder to go flying into tackles, shooting from distance or beating a couple of players but he quietly controls our midfield with his positioning and playing simple passes and it's something he does very well. Flood can be effective but is a bit of a headless chicken at times and McLean and Pawlett are should be higher up the pitch. Shinnie should have been put in the middle as he's the only other player who is able to do Jack's role. I can sort of see why he didn't given the success of Shinnie and Hayes on the left last week though.

As someone mentioned previously, if we had a more potent strike force we could be achieving far greater things than we currently are.

As much as I thought we were the better team you could just never see where a goal might come from. Aberdeen, on the other hand, looked like they might score any time they went forward.

Gillespie and Kurtaj gave the ball away far too often. Kurakins has seemingly forgotten how to play the game altogether! Can't wait for Crawford to come back.

Eta: Collum can get himself right tae f**k

Back in the days of MSN Messenger, I had Dougie Imrie as a contact. After he scored an absolute screamer for Clyde against St. Johnstone, I sent him a wee message to say that I didn't appreciate his goal. He said, ''Y not?''. I said, ''Because I'm a St. Johnstone fan.'' He said, ''Aye, bt it was a rly gd goal.''

That was my one and only MSN Messenger chat with Dougie Imrie.

Archived