Before they were famous...

Nutz_the_Squirrel

My first gig ever was The Thrills at The Carling Academy (as it was then), I remember Keane were supporting them although I really, really don't consider myself to be a hipster because of this.

I remember too seeing The View supporting Babyshambles at the barras. I guess that's a bit better.

Edit to add that I seen Glasvegas a good few times before they released their debut.

I saw Limp Bizkit when they were the first support band at a gig at the QMU. Think the headliners were Soulfly.

Also saw Snow Patrol dozens of times in Edinburgh/Glasgow in the early 2000s, its utterly bizarre for me to think how big they are because at the time they were very much stuck on the toilet circuit. A shame they went a bit crap because the first three records are immense.

The only name of any significance is Fatherson, I used to go and see them all the time when I was in 4th/5th/6th year at school and they were called Energy!. I've seen a fair few other Glasgow and Ayrshire bands at smaller gigs, but none that have made it to a colossally successful level yet. I hope that'll change in a few years' time.

Archived