Rise of the Tomb Raider

Antlion

This looks pretty good, although the reboot never really captured the sense of being alone deep underground in the middle of nowhere that the original PSX titles had. I miss the Indiana Jones elements.

Anyone playing, or have any thoughts on the latest Lara?

I absolutely loved the first game in the reboot. Will probably wait and pick this one up a bit cheaper though because I have halo 5 and fallout 4 to keep me going just now.

Was a mistake I think for them to release this on the same day as Fallout 4.

Bought on Friday. Only had minimal time to play so far. Early days but am enjoying it although her accent seems to be less English and more American!

The voice actress is apparently a Brit who went to an American school in England (!) before moving to America as a teen.

I guess her accent works for the ultramodern, public school girl version of Lara that the rebooted games are going for. Personally I think Keeley Hawes was the best actress to ever voice Lara Croft (although the games she was in weren't the best).

fucking joke that its not released on the PS4 until late next year. There's having it as an exclusive but then there's ripping the pish right out of it.

Microsoft must have thrown some money at them for this timed exclusive as i'm pretty sure I read the first one didn't even sell that well multi platform.

In any case PS4 users have Uncharted 4 to look forward to so not that fussed.

Exclusives suck balls. I could understand it when the software and hardware companies were the same, but throwing wads of cash at a developer to prevent a huge number of people from playing their game really is bullshit.

Exclusives suck balls. I could understand it when the software and hardware companies were the same, but throwing wads of cash at a developer to prevent a huge number of people from playing their game really is bullshit.

From a fan's point of view I agree with you however Microsoft/Sony just want people to buy their consoles and what better way to do that than ensuring that great (and of course terrible) games can only be played on their console?

This is excellent btw - I prefer it to the 2013 reboot. It's slightly more Tomb Raidery (although it still goes in the new, modern direction rather than the old, classic, isolated direction of the original games).

One thing I wonder though is why every Tomb Raider since the films/Crystal Dynamics games has been so bloody obsessed with Lara's parents/background.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived