Season tickets for next qualifiers

an86

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bearing in mind that England are involved, how ridiculously high do we expect the SFA to go in terms of prices?

I'm not sure but after that campaign they should at the very least stay the same. I'm done with spending thousands on following Scotland now, made a lot of away games and all home ones last campaign and we couldn't get in the top 3 from a 5 team (Gibraltar don't count) group. What's the point? Same old story since I've been going. If there's others that feel the same then they'll struggle to shift them at an increased price.

Although I imagine as I phase out a bit at 23/24 they'll be a new batch of younger fans coming through with a sense of misplaced optimism that'll sell them and of course with the England games there'll be people that buy them just to guarantee tickets for that game.

I think they'll go up.

The question is, what are they going to dangle in front of us to try and bring in season tickets? The first time, we had the England away friendly, which was obviously a big attraction. Next time it was ...what was it again? The Northern Ireland game free? Or was that introduced later?

After the pricing debacle last time, will they even offer a season ticket at all? They probably will, bit given there isn't really anything "good" they can offer as an incentive, there is no benefit to having to cough up the price all at once for the sake of saving what was effectively one match ticket (could be wrong about that, think it was about 40-50 saving). They backed themselves into a corner with the season ticket, as without it they could have reduced the Gibraltar ticket especially and probably got a lot closer to a full house.

I'd be happy enough if they tiered the ticket prices. Malta and Lithuania, don't take the piss. Charge them at 20-30 rather than 40-50, and make sure that you pack out the stadium as much as possible. Slovenia and Slovakia are more attractive games, so you can up them slightly, maybe 30-40. Then, grudgingly, they can probably charge whatever they want for the England game. They're going to anyway.

Not that I'm saying those prices above are reasonable, but I think trotting out the "let everybody in for a fiver" blurb is unrealistic. I'm just hoping that they don't actively and obviously take the piss.

The N Ireland 'freebie' wasn't exactly and the best offer and as I am planning on as many of the away games as possible rather than the homes,

Can see me giving the season ticket a miss if it not a significant difference to buying individual tickets and maybe missing one home game.

As a SSC member guaranteed a home ticket for every game where I buy as a season ticket or wait for sale at individual games.

If they want my money early they better make it worth while or they can wait.

Didn't buy a season ticket last time, skipped seeing us getting mauled by England and had no problem getting good tickets to all the qualifiers. Wish I hadn't bothered with Gibraltar but if you keep handing over all the cash up front you're never going to make them reconsider. Unless they've had a change of heart this time I won't be bothering again .

I'm not sure but after that campaign they should at the very least stay the same. I'm done with spending thousands on following Scotland now, made a lot of away games and all home ones last campaign and we couldn't get in the top 3 from a 5 team (Gibraltar don't count) group. What's the point? Same old story since I've been going. If there's others that feel the same then they'll struggle to shift them at an increased price.Although I imagine as I phase out a bit at 23/24 they'll be a new batch of younger fans coming through with a sense of misplaced optimism that'll sell them and of course with the England games there'll be people that buy them just to guarantee tickets for that game.I think they'll go up.

And to think you called me the AntiStrachan for actually finding out that its all one big con, and a helluva lot later than you did!!! Seperate thread i know, but theres a guy in work.doing his dinger that there isn't a match on this month. Quite simply, they've fleeced more than they thought they could out of the last batch of games, so they'll be fucked if they're going to willingly take a loss from 23,000 turning up to Scotland v Finland or Israel. Whats more, is they will.charge higher and sell more tickets than they did last time.....i guaruntee it.

The season ticket doesn't save you money.

Skipping all the home games except England will save you money.

If you choose to go to all the games, regardless of price, then it's pointless moaning about it as the SFA have no need to drop prices if you're going to go anyway.

Bearing in mind that England are involved, how ridiculously high do we expect the SFA to go in terms of prices?

You're not seriously considering going back? Ach, that's right, I forgot, at least you'll be able to witness "definite signs of improvement"

It was £50-60 full price for the 14 friendly, I'm guessing what, £75-85 at least for the June 17 game.

Season ticket price depends on if they charge for a friendly as part of it, otherwise I'd guess it'll be- for a full price North/South seat- £55 for membership, 4 games at £40 and one at £80, £7.50 non optional special delivery postage charge. £302.50.

Now I've said that, I'd bet I've understated it.

Not the season ticket, but the memberships are now up for renewal. £45 instead of the £55 last time. Surely that's just the lube in preparation for the shafting they'll administer with the ticket prices, but still, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Not the season ticket, but the memberships are now up for renewal. £45 instead of the £55 last time. Surely that's just the lube in preparation for the shafting they'll administer with the ticket prices, but still, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Yeah can't really argue with those prices, also helps that the deadline for renewing is not until 2nd February, giving folk time to get over the xmas expenses.

Do they not always do an early bird discount for renewals?

Fairly happy with the price and length of time I have to renew so no complaints from me.

Got the email this morning and renewed this afternoon. £45 is decent enough. The free polo shirt shirt looks alright, but I would rather not be sent one as I never wear them - but it said you had to select a polo shirt before purchasing the membership! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Got to agree, there were talks of boycotting games last campaign.

If all the members took a stance of not renewing till maybes the the very last minute or not at all , I'm sure that would give the SFA something to think about ?

Archived