McNamara gets York job

Jambo'ness

Assisted by Simon Donnelly.

Really excited about this appointment. Unlucky at united where half a team was sold from under him.

Will bring a fresh approach compared to the 'journeymen' being touted earlier in the week like Abbott & Cooper

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with Jambo'ness this is a really bold choice for York, all the other names being touted were just the same old lower league faces. Whatever happened at the end at United is irrelevant and it says a lot that McNamara was even interested in the job when he could probably have hung around and got some other mediocre team in Scotland.

I think it's still legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow within the city walls of York.

Maybe that's their thinking.

It was you could kill a Scotsman in York if they had a bow and arrow.

• 2 months later...

I haven't been following Jackie's career after Thistle and I wonder if his interviews at York are all about his glory days at Celtic. Just sayin'.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been following Jackie's career after Thistle and I wonder if his interviews at York are all about his glory days at Celtic. Just sayin'.

I'll bite. His interviews with radio and newspapers have been top notch. He's identified problem areas and got them sorted.

He tells it as the fans see it, compared to the previous guy, Wilcox, who trundled out excuse after excuse for failures.

After a bit of unrest among fans at the start (while he was clearing out the dead wood), they have got right behind him now and have renewed confidence in escaping the drop.

Archived