McNamara gets York job

Jambo'ness

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Hope he applies for his own job for the lulz. Given the bizarre way the chairman has handled it, he sounds like he'd have a very good chance of being re-appointed.

The chairman must be a right roaster desperate to keep him at all costs, even when he's leaving he's still there! Mad.

25 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Hope he applies for his own job for the lulz. Given the bizarre way the chairman has handled it, he sounds like he'd have a very good chance of being re-appointed.

Aye, seeing as he's in 'temporary' charge for at least a fortnight maybe he just needs to get a 'positive' result in their next two games and he'll get the job permanently.

Rumour going about though that when the chairman asked him to stay on after the Guiseley result it was only so he could start sounding other folk out about replacing him, and he then started sifting through the CVs that had already (McNamara style) been sent in for a vacancy that didn't officially exist.

McNamara has supposedly been seen taking training at their youth set up today as well, so also some suggestion he could be offered a job running that.  Seems he may be kept on in some capacity or other so this beautiful relationship he has with the chairman can continue.

7 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The chairman must be a right roaster desperate to keep him at all costs, even when he's leaving he's still there! Mad.

Does the Chairman has a plan to keep him on if the team starts winning in the next two weeks? It's a possible explanation for this bizarre decision.

The latest development was an FA Cup Qualifying Round match:

York City 1 - 1 Curzon Ashton 

Curzon Ashton are currently 18th in the National League North.

Suffice to say the York fans are not amused.  Comments such as this in the local press:

Peter S19475:39pm Sat 15 Oct 16

McNamara - get out of our club and don't come within 50 miles of our team!! A week ago I'd never heard of Curzon Ashton - today they were easily the better TEAM and with a bit better finishing had enough clear chances to win by 3 or 4 clear goals. These our your players, your coaching and your organisation but I could write a book about the abject deficiencies in your selection, organisation and coaching so entirely your fault. There are enough decent full time players in your squad to at least put on a show to beat the opposition but this demonstrates that your management would not survive whichever league Curzon are in.
I remember you as a great footballer, but my lasting memory will be as the worst manager I have ever seen in my 60 years of watching football!!

Anyway rumour has it the Whitby Town boss will replace him in a week or so.  Not very interesting.  There are also whispers that Jmac will be kicked upstairs, however, and become director of football at Bootham Crescent.  That's right, York City apparently need a director of football in the fifth tier of English football, and Sackie is their man.  

6 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

You couldn't make it up. If you had tried to put a story like this in the old "Dream Team" series you would have got kicked out for such an unrealistic storyline:lol:

Archived