McNamara gets York job

Jambo'ness

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/08/2016 at 20:34, mrcat1990 said:

We gave him his break in management and therefore feel it's partly our fault Dundee United and York City both have suffered so badly. Sorry guys #notsocuddlyanymore.

Revenge for the play-off, and then some, you jumped-up, West End, luvvy b*stards.

• 5 weeks later...

Spotted this on Facebook - the Tweet referred to has since been deleted. Seemingly they are now only a few points above relegation from the Conference (or whatever it's called these days) - looking forward to his imminent appearance in the Scottish media bleating about how hard it is/was there.

14463114_10205558044468831_2649570719630

He hasn't won an away game in his entire ten month stint at York, and they've picked up 4 points from a possible 18 in their last 6, so potential relegation form.  They haven't scored in four.  They've not kept a clean sheet away from home in 28 matches, and are one game off their record run of conceding away from home of 1949/50.  Not forgetting of course they were relegated last season so merely keeping them in a lower division wouldn't exactly be 'success' anyway were he to manage it.  If (or more likely when) he gets the push you'd hope he'll really struggle to find another managerial gig as his record is becoming pretty awful.  Anyway fans of some Scottish clubs might recognise some themes from his post match comments after Barrow:

“I’ve told the players that I am very, very frustrated. It’s all about the importance of performances and victories for myself, the chairman and the club, where we are just now, but I feel let down because, if it matters to you, you don’t lose your man at a corner, let him get across you and put a header in.

“You don’t do that if you feel the same way as the chairman and I do about the club and that’s something I need to look at in terms of my position, because I’m really disappointed. You’re trying to get through to them, but some of what we’re saying seems to go over the top of people’s heads.

“I believe we are capable of beating Barrow and winning every game in this division, but it’s getting that across to the players so they understand the importance of things because, if they don’t, I won’t be here.”

Alright then Jackie so basically it's the player's fault for not understanding what you're trying to get across to them.  He can't make himself understood to his squad after almost a year in charge?  And they're utter pish because the players don't understand it's important to win games?  :lol:

“There was nothing really in the match and it wasn’t a football match. It was kick-and-rush, percentage football and it’s a tough place to go.

“It’s not pretty by any means, but we’ve only got ourselves to blame for not marking at a corner after we had stressed the importance of players doing their jobs and concentrating. With Shaun Rooney also coming off after a disappointing challenge on him that left him with a damaged shoulder, we lost our shape a bit, but there were also things that weren’t good enough."

So they also lost because the standard was too dire for the silky passing game of Jmac's York City.  That and the players were at fault again.  And they lost their shape in the second half (something he doesn't seem to think he could or should have rectified).

“For the second goal, maybe Matty Fry thought it was going in, but the lad putting the ball in shouldn’t have been in that position anyway. Right back is not Josh’s natural position, but he’s still got to do better as a defender.”

Playing folk out of position, but they've still got to do better.

Regarding his future prospects he was supposedly the one earlier this week hinting he'd maybe have to resign (can't see him doing that).  The York City board seem endlessly patient with him.  Bizarrely there are some 'happy-clapper' fans at York who still back him.  If you're interested check out the comments under this article:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/14767174.York_City_boss_Jackie_McNamara_back_at_training__but_refuses_to_confirm_he_missed_Monday_s_session_to_pick_up_a_new_Audi_car_in_Edinburgh/

Give the bloke a break, the press have caused a hornets nest with a non story, he has family in Scotland and why wouldn't he visit them. Its not exactly the other side of the world!!

For gods sake he picks up a new car while at home with his family. Come on let's get a grip here.

etc.

If you're a St Mirren fan pray that this guy isn't in the know:

Whilst he was in Scotland he may have taken a chance to have an interview for the St Mirren post. Forward planning maybe??

BMW? A fucking BMW?

If ever there were a brand of car to fit the owner (or owner to fit the brand of car?)...

Also, from the way the thread reads, did he seriously skip training, swan up to Edinburgh, treat himself to a new car, maybe spend a wee bit of time in Scotland then fare-dodge via train on the way back to York?!

Archived