Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Moo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought Rainbow Six Siege yesterday.

From what I've played so far, I highly recommend, IF you like a slower paced, more considered shooter that depends on tactics and teamwork over twitch-shooting.

I hadn''t played against others online since Battlefield a couple of years ago, when I would get totally scunnered of being fodder for those with better toys and skill in. Even in a squad with comms with friends I felt like I was dragging everyone else down, or at best just tagging along trying to keep alive.

This feels different, even a noob like me felt like I could contribute something to a small team over the course of events.

My only concern for others is that it is expensive for what is essentially a multiplayer-only game, but that's the market we buy into.

Told my mum this is what she has to get me for Christmas (im 34) basically due to the reviews saying the same as Bungle, Ive got Destiny for fast paced running and shooting so this for slow barrier building and 2 shot kills will be perfect balance

Happy to join up in a party at some point, feel free to give me a friend invite. I won't be free until Friday though probably. I can't say I'm very good at this but I was beginning to learn the maps, which helps a lot.

Yeah I'll take a game with you although I won't be on until Sunday as I have xmas nights out Friday and Saturday plus Dundee game during the day Saturday.

I do agree with you on it doesn't really matter how good you are at this game as you can play a vital part to helping the team win the round.

I enjoy watching this on Twitch. There's a girl KatDD (I think) who's highly attractive and must make quite a few pennies from the VL's as she sits in hot pants and top whilst giving out full body views.

She's shite at the game though so I only lasted 5 minutes (fnarr)

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a session of this nearly every day since Christmas. This game is so good.

I've tried terrorist hunt and it seems to be a popular mode, but it doesn't beat the rush/stress/adrenaline that comes with outwitting other human opponents in a small team.

A couple of the classes you can choose are better for terrorist hunt than multiplayer, but the vast majority are well balanced to complement others if used correctly. There's a scissor-paper-stone element to each operator's special ability against another, which adds another tactical layer on top of the destructible environment.

It's good enough playing solo without comms (so long as you value teamwork), but is something special in a squad of five all on comms.

Had it since new year. It really is so good. Having a squad of 5 who communicate and go the correct guys is just great. Always happy to play with fellow pnbers who are also on Xbox One.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked this up today as wanted something a little different to hold me over till the Division and Doom and read this was more a slower paced team orientated game must say am only on the tutorial missions and I am brutally bad at this which must say ain't like me on fps but because I am that bad at it means I'm more inclined to stick it out any advice on how not to be so crap at it

Picked this up today as wanted something a little different to hold me over till the Division and Doom and read this was more a slower paced team orientated game must say am only on the tutorial missions and I am brutally bad at this which must say ain't like me on fps but because I am that bad at it means I'm more inclined to stick it out any advice on how not to be so crap at it

Just like every first shooter game online, takes a while to get used to the maps and once you do, you'll see a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this for my birthday but haven't had a chance to play yet. Had a little shot of The Division beta this weekend which has kind of given me the taste to get on with this.

Darkblue62 - will send you a friends request on Xbox and hopefully get a game with you one day.

• 2 months later...

There's a degree of skill about killing, like any shooter, but you can still be a huge help without killing if you can do the teamplay.

If you are on PS4, if you've got a headset and are willing to talk, add me and I'm happy to show you the ropes.  I play with a small bunch of people I only know through another forum and we try to play at least a couple of evenings in the week.

Archived