Queens v Dumbarton

We had a good win at Alloa but our home form has been very poor.

Hopefully we can now play well and have a good home win.

Will be a poor attendance as many will not come back for a while after the Livi nightmare.

Fowler made 6 changes after the Livi game think this week the team will not change much.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be tempted to start with the same 11 as yesterday. We all know that Hefferman is not going to win any sprinting awards but he does have the physical presence to cause defenders problems, he can hold the ball up and lay the ball off to teammates. The legs may not be as fast but he still has a good football brain. Millar also looked to be more up for it yesterday and covered a fair bit of ground but he needs to show that willingness on a more regular basis and Hutton has also upped his game since having a more regular slot. Right (wing)back seems to be the most problematic position this season in my view. Kidd doesn't fill me with great confidence defensively but with the current injuries only Hooper could be considered to come back in but Kidd didn't to too badly yesterday so it would be harsh to drop him. Brownlie looks a better player in a more central defensive roll. If the team carry the same attitude into the Dumbarton game as they showed yesterday I don't see any point why we can't take maximum points.

We have a rancid record against Queen's in general, but in particular at Palmerston, so I'll clutch at some much needed straws and say that we're due a result against these.

We're in a tough position in that we're looking at pretty-much 'needing' a result in a very tough game at a ground we have an awful record at.

I really hope we can get something positive from our trip to Dumfries, as it would be a huge boost for us.

How Stevie Aitken will try and turn it round for us at the moment, I don't know, but I'd like to see Kirky given a chance through the middle, and I'd like to see us have a bit more of a go at teams, be more direct in our approach and inject a bit more urgency to our forward play. Whether that's by changing personnel or by tweaking the tactics and approach, I don't know. But we need something and a result here would be a good boost for the team with a few tough (including this one) but very important games coming up for us.

We have a rancid record against Queen's in general, but in particular at Palmerston, so I'll clutch at some much needed straws and say that we're due a result against these.

We're in a tough position in that we're looking at pretty-much 'needing' a result in a very tough game at a ground we have an awful record at.

I really hope we can get something positive from our trip to Dumfries, as it would be a huge boost for us.

How Stevie Aitken will try and turn it round for us at the moment, I don't know, but I'd like to see Kirky given a chance through the middle, and I'd like to see us have a bit more of a go at teams, be more direct in our approach and inject a bit more urgency to our forward play. Whether that's by changing personnel or by tweaking the tactics and approach, I don't know. But we need something and a result here would be a good boost for the team with a few tough (including this one) but very important games coming up for us.

At least we've both scored and won at Palmerston, something we've never achieved at the SHS/DFS/BBS/DFS/CID!

Brown

Saunders (if fit) Buchanan Barr Waters

Gibson Kirkpatrick Brown Docherty

Mccallum Brophy

If Cawley is fit then drop Docherty to Lb, drop waters. Gibson left mid and Cawley right mid.

Fleming for Gibson, he and Gallagher need a rest, let him attack when queens are tiring, hopefully

Fleming for Gibson, he and Gallagher need a rest, let him attack when queens are tiring, hopefully

Fleming on the wing isn't a great idea. He was rank yesterday, but I'd still start him or Craig with Brophy for a physical presence.

Team selection is a difficult one because it's tough to pinpoint exactly where it's going wrong.

For me, Gallagher has looked decent in his time so far, but has suffered from being shunted around and is quite lightweight for a central mid.

Fleming is a real workhorse, as hard a worker as we've had in years, but what is his best position. He's been a nemesis at the Falkirk stadium wherever he's played, but I don't know where he fits best this season.

Fleming up-front needs someone to run off him (which we don't do at the moment) and playing wide, he just doesn't have the pace to do it. He could play up front as the runner for flick ons, but again, we don't help him do that. But I'd be reluctant to exclude him from the side because he adds so much with his workrate, and he can be relied on so often to do a job for the side wherever he plays.

I'd like to see Fleming with Craig or Brophy beside him. Who knows if that's a possibility though.

I'd like to see Donald out wide. He's never going to win any battles with a big centre half but play him wide and let him run at people and he might get some joy.

Gibson hasn't really offered enough going forward for a while now. Might be worth dropping him to remind him he isn't undropable. We really need to get help up front as well - Brophy did pretty well on Saturday but too often found nobody supporting him.

I think it'll be a goalfest this coming Saturday.

Away win.

Willie Gibson free-kick to clinch all 3 points.

Hopefully them daft bints will take their 'clappy hand clackers' to Airdrie or Ayr.

*sees 4 burly chaps in white medical garb approaching.....*

Archived